Wrinkles October '06 Dive Planning Thread - Laguna Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DELTA MD-90 Landed in Denver with the Nose gear retracted! May be on my way to Denver in the morning.

I will have "Chorizio" deliver the Burgers and Buns if I can't make it.

scubalaurel:
How about Hot Water :coffee: ...I haven't been able to figure out how to do it. We don't own any thermos' bigger than single serving size :no

Christian, Change my number to me plus one - hubby. WE are sending the youngster to his friend's house for the weekend. :eyebrow:

I still will bring the ez up and instant coffee and coco
Hmm. Looks like it's going to be a rainy weekend. Does that mean we're looking at poor vis?

If I have time to get to my storage unit, perhaps I'll grab my EZ Up also.

Definitely gonna bring the boat coat, as it looks like I'm going to need it!

I can't tell you how many times a group of us were getting together to dive and people didn't show up because there was a "chance of rain". More often than not, we wound up with a beautiful day and topside pictures were posted to ScubaBoard to show how nice it was. Those that didn't show wished they had.

The prediction that I'm seeing for rain says that there is a chance of showers tonight and tomorrow morning. Isolated thunderstorms are possible for the afternoon. They're saying that we might get "up to" a half inch of rain in the mountains.

It would have to rain pretty hard tonight and tomorrow morning to affect the vis and they are not predicting anywhere near that amount of rain.

If we were in the midwest I might pay more attention when they say "chance of showers", but this is SoCal and we will have a high of 65º.

I remember kicking out to Deadman's with Robert Phillips with a slight sprinkle and ending the dive to sunny skies.

I'll be there no matter what is looks like in Altadena when I get up in the morning. I've driven out from under clouds to arrive at the beach with clear skies pretty often.

I look forward to seeing most of you there.

Christian

Wow...

I would *swear* that all you guys are musicians, beacuse I feel like I just called people for a club date and on my cell phone my bass player, drummer, and a singer just cancelled!

OK then. I will bring Dogs, Buns, and I will *Try* to do some hot H2O, but I don't even know if I have a large enough thermos for it. The only thing I can think of is to get an inverter for a car batt and bring an electric teakettle / water boiler. Anyone have a teakettle, because I have an inverter...

I *don't* think I can get condiments together, though. Can someone else take those? Too many little things to remember.

I'm off to Costco, then :) I won't be diving as i don't have any gear aside from M/F/S yet... part of why I'm coming out to meet everyone is to ask about everyone's gear prefs and dive styles.

I will be attending, Airplane Evaluation is on hold, hope I don't have to fly on Sunday, what is the worst that can happen...:confused:

Stupid question, and sorry if I missed it earlier, but is there a place to park that is (1) close enought to lug scuba gear and (2) doesn't require pumping quarters all day? I have no problem with three hours of quarters like a normal dive morning, but 8-10 hours of quarters or more is a bit impractical. Like to come if it's not pouring, I'm counting on tiny little rain drops, and a very few of them.

mistressmotorsports:
Stupid question, and sorry if I missed it earlier, but is there a place to park that is (1) close enought to lug scuba gear and (2) doesn't require pumping quarters all day? I have no problem with three hours of quarters like a normal dive morning, but 8-10 hours of quarters or more is a bit impractical. Like to come if it's not pouring, I'm counting on tiny little rain drops, and a very few of them.

Only a couple and one of them is MINE !!!!!!!!! :wink:

mistressmotorsports:

When you arrive just pull up aside the park and unload your gear. You can generally find a spot a few blocks down in the residential area that doesn't impede on any locals and is completely meter free. The walk is short but longer than you'd want to go with all your gear at once.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom