Wrinkles October '06 Dive Planning Thread - Laguna Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok all you water wimps...

I spoke with Tammy and Gord about 3 hours ago. The storm has already passed through Laguna Beach. No rain there, bright sunny, and still about 20 - 25 ft of vis AFTER the huge 1 foot waves and 2 feet swell came into Shaw's. It did spatter here in Laguna and in Mission Viejo, just enough to make the streets slick, but not enough to go down the storm drains. Tammy and Gord are expecting tomorrow to be a gloriously sunny and perfect dive day, as am I! I hope you all can make it!

Christian, let's do the first dive at 7:30 , K? I gotta drop off the eldest son at 6:45 in Laguna Niguel for his work program! Oh, almost forgot, youngest IS coming, with two friends...so, change my count to me + three again. Sorry to make you work so hard :wink:

BTW, all you guys bringing non-diving spouses, let 'em know I will have all my beautiful Cookie Lee Jewelry in my Van, for them to browse and buy...it's NEVER too early to start that christmas shopping :D

Hmm..

So, since I'm not diving, I'll show up with food around 11-ish. I have one of those Tiger thermal air pots with 2.5L of hot H20, but if anyone has any ideas of how to refill it once I'm there, let me know.

Adam

Oh, and people's reactions remind me of an old internet forward I saw floating around:

"When you see the drizzle on your way home, and you turn on the TV to see "STORM WATCH '06!" you know you are in california :)

Here's an idea for the hot water...

If we have a barbeque, just use a tea pot or a pan on the barbeque... no 'lectricity needed.

bluesbro1982:
Hmm..

Oh, and people's reactions remind me of an old internet forward I saw floating around:

"When you see the drizzle on your way home, and you turn on the TV to see "STORM WATCH '06!" you know you are in california :)

hahahahhaahha:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: Too funny and OH SO TRUE :rofl3: <just can't stop laughing, oh, gawd, about to pee> :blinking: :rofl3:

BTW, I have a camp teapot I can bring. there is fresh water at Heisler. Also, Robert is bringing water for all...:D

Remember, "only tourists pay for parking in Laguna." Pull up as close as possible, if it is later in the morning (after 8:00) drop a quarter in the meter, and haul your gear down to the spot. If you have put a quarter in, chat for a few minutes, then head back to the car, make a left on Myrtle, head across PCH and drive up two blocks to the free parking. Have a nice stroll back to the beach and do the opposite when you are ready to leave.
As for the rain, salt water is more wet than rain and as long as we get some cover over the que's, we'll be good. I am bringing 3lbs of marinated pork ribs for all of you carnivores and plenty of fresh water on ice. I have to haul down juice boxes and soda for the kids and wife, so hands off that stuff!!!! :light:

And for all you naysayers- Ha ha, conditions are going to be awesome. And if they aren't, we'll lie!

My wife just told me her parents will come down if it is not raining. So count me in for a total of 4 if it nice out.

scubalaurel:
BTW, I have a camp teapot I can bring. there is fresh water at Heisler. Also, Robert is bringing water for all...:D

Awesome! I'll bring my tiger coffee thing and we'll be good.

Oh, and just for Laurel:

You know you are in California when...

The fastest part of your commute is down your driveway.

You were born somewhere else.

You know how to eat an artichoke.

The primary bugs that you worry about are electronic.

Your car has bullet-proof windows.

Left is right and right is wrong.

Your monthly house payments exceed your annual income.

You can't find your other earring because your son is wearing it.

You drive to your neighborhood block party.

Your family tree contains "significant others."

You don't exterminate your roaches, you smoke them.

You see 25 lawyers chasing an ambulance.

More than clothes come out of the closets.

You go to a tanning salon before going to the beach.

More money is spent on facelifts than on diapers.

Smoking in your office is not optional.

You pack shorts and a T-shirt for skiing in the snow, and a sweater and a wetsuit for the beach.

When you can't schedule a meeting because you must "do lunch."

Your children learn to walk in Birkenstocks.

Rainstorms or thunder are the lead story for the local news.

You'll reluctantly miss yoga class to wait for the hot tub repairman.

You consult your horoscope before planning your day.

A glass has been reserved for you at your favorite winery.

All highways into the state say: "no fruits."

All highways out of the state say: "Go back."

The Terminator is your governor

You can't remember . . . is pot illegal?

It's barely sprinkling rain and there's a report on every news station: "STORM WATCH 06!"

FOR GOD'S SAKE, SOMEONE TELL ME.... IS POT ILLEGAL!?

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from California.

bluesbro1982:
You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from California.

Or you wonder if the person who made them up is actually from California.:confused:

Robert Phillips:
Or you wonder if the person who made them up is actually from California.:confused:

Yeah, I'll agree to that. Some of these describe my life to a T, notably the fact that my commute sucks, but others not so much. I figured since she found the first one funny I'd dredge up the forward because I hadn't seen it in a while.

bluesbro1982:
Yeah, I'll agree to that. Some of these describe my life to a T, notably the fact that my commute sucks, but others not so much. I figured since she found the first one funny I'd dredge up the forward because I hadn't seen it in a while.

Well, laughing, but not as hard as earlier. I don't get most of it, probably, because I AM from California, born and bred in Santa Monica! :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom