Wrinkles October '06 Dive Planning Thread - Laguna Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, that's just funny.....I found the board a little while ago when I was thinking about Dry suits, and just sat around reading before making silly posts. Anywho, my wife I and just dove for the first time without a group in Cresent Bay @ 7:30 this morning! We were the perma-grins at the white Jetta in the prime parking spot at the top of the stairs. (If anyone wondered over there) I wish I saw this post yesterday, and just do a first time introduction in person. Oh well, maybe we'll meet everyone next month.

Anywho, quick question: Is there a website that I can visit to reference marine fish in our area. I'd like to have a little more in the dive log than "2.5ft big blue/white fish" LoL.

Cheers,

Gabe

Kewl dive today, best viz I've ever had at Lagoona, felt like I was in the Carribean. Thanks for leading the dive Christian. Great time with good friends.....

Welcome Gabe,
You can pickup a fish ID card from your LDS their pretty good for ID'ing the local fish. You can also Yahoo for fish ID.

Happy Diving
John

Just wanted to say it was awesome meeting everyone today, and thanks for all the great advice (Especially from the Duuuuuhhhhrrrrrrr :classic: divers ). I hope to see everyone around other events soon. I'll make it a priority to try to get a room for the catalina dive :)

Adam

What a great time! The dive gods blessed us today with some pretty nice conditions. B-Boy and I had a really nice long dive. It was good seeing some familiar faces and meeting some new ones. See ya next time !

Thanks John, I'll look for the card at Laguna Sea Sports tomorrow when we re-fill our tanks for the 2nd dive. WOOT. The web is kickin' my butt today, every search I get is all about names instead of......okay finally found one: http://www.reef.org/webres/gallery/pac/page01.htm

<--wishes everyday was a dive day.

I just wanted to say how great it was to get out to the wrinkles dive today and meet some more of you. Hopefully next time I can stick around longer next time, join the BBQ, and meet more SB folks.

Extra thanks to Mark99 for lending me his spare HP120 for our second dive together. I owe you buddy. Of course, this means we'll have to dive together again so I can pay you back!:D

I had a troublesome first dive, but my second dive made up for it. It's funny how a lousy little mask seal problem can make you feel like a rookie all over again.:shakehead My second dive was awesome! 60 min dive time, and I still had 1200 PSI left!:14: Okay the HP120 helped, but didn't have to clear my mask like the first dive. The conditions were great and we saw a lot of sea life on both dives!

Cheers,

Tom H.

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We don't have to lie about the great conditions we had today, do we? I could not have asked for better conditions (although I do wish Mo2vation could have been there. I wish it with all my heart and then some!) TeqP and Headhunter, it was an awesome dive with you two along. Laurel, thanks for the second dive. Baby Moray, the killer little Cockerell's dorid you found on the shell in the sand (it was not a Clown nudi, twas a Limacia cockerelli,) the ginormous lobster in the cool cavern. The 40'+ visibility on the first dive and, oh dear, 15' less on the second dive. What are us poor SoCal divers to do with these horrid conditions? I guess I'll just have to convince the Wife that I need to dive tomorrow too!!! And at the same place, no less. I know this is a run on paragraph, but I don't care. The food on the topside was almost as good as the dive conditions. This is in no way disparaging the food, this is just to emphasize how great the dive conditions were, as the food was excellent!

And Ted, I really do have a wife and kids, as you have seen.:D

I think everyone who attended has already spoken about the conditions and how great they were but for anyone who doubts our honesty, here's a few photos of the beach.

I'd post some from below the water but apparently my u/w abilities are worse than my air consumption. :wink:

Robert, I suppose I should believe you now, but I can't be certain they weren't just paid actors.

Here's a few photos from the post dive debriefing (ya ya, i know). I take no responsibility if you are appalled, upset or otherwise confused by the actions of any your fellow members. Names have been withheld to protect the guilty (and to save me from trying to spell).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom