Wrinkles October '06 Dive Planning Thread - Laguna Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey all...much to my dislike..I will not be able to attend this time. I hope all of you guys/gals have a great time...:14:

I guess the gloomy predictions of great vis are scaring people away!!!:confused:

Hey everyone! Finally, I'm going to make it to one of these events and get a chance to meet everyone in person... at least for the first dive. I can cover for Jan with some pumpkin spice bread (good stuff).

Just curious, does anybody else have a non-diving other half coming with. I've been trying to talk my wife into going also.

Robert Phillips:
I guess the gloomy predictions of great vis are scaring people away!!!:confused:
Yeah, we're afraid we'll see something! :eyebrow: whwhwhwhaaat's that wwwway over there?!:1poke:
Even worse if the surf's really calm too!:wink:
:sharkattack:

Cheers!

Tom

W00t! Looks like I'll be able to join in for the second half of the day. I'm going to hit the 3 R's class right up the way in the morning, which apprently wraps up around noon, so I should be able scoot right over afterwards!

Not to cross-promote, if anyone wants to join me at the 3 R's class, that would be cool, too. :) (And only $5!)

http://lascuba.com/3rs.html

THelsley:
Just curious, does anybody else have a non-diving other half coming with. I've been trying to talk my wife into going also.

Tom

My Hubby and youngest son (both non-divers) are coming. My eldest has to do work program, so he won't be joining the fun. I beleive Robert's wife (also a non-diver) is coming, if she isn't mad at him :eyebrow:

Laurel

I will try to make it, if not for the 1st dive, maybe the second or third. Depends on if I get my permission slip signed by my wife and baby!

It's not that I'm all that concerned about it, so please don't misread this post to mean that Laguna Beach is some sort of crime ridden area. It's not.

However, I don't want to ignore the report of Laguna Beach's recent increase in crime as it relates to this weekend and our Wrinkles Dive and BBQ in that area.

Since it's been reported that there have been more breakins concerning divers' vehicles while they are in the water, I'm bringing one of those Krypto cables that are virtually impossible to break or cut and a couple of beefy Master Locks. The cable is 30 feet long and those of you with Pelican (or other brand) cases that lock can bring your own locks and attach your cases to the cable which we'll attach to something solid. They may still break into a car, but I'd rather that they didn't find anything of value if that happened.

Because we are such a large group, we typically have people at the picnic tables while others are in the water diving. So there are generally people around to watch stuff while others dive and the safest place to keep your stuff is with our group. This is one of the advantages of diving at our Wrinkles events. We've never had any sort of problem in this respect, but I feel that it's because we pay attention as a group and keep an eye out for each other.

I'm confident that we'll have no problems, but I also believe that "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure". So, I'll have the cable and a couple of locks and will probably make this a standard part of what I bring from now on. I'm usually on site at about 6:30am setting things up. Bring your own locks if you are interested in locking your stuff to the cable.

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom