wrist compasses--suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an suunto SK7, and some oceanic wrist mounted compass.

I much prefer the SK7, it's much less sensitive to the angle it's held at, you have to work to jam it.

I know a lot of people who use SK6's which are really compact, depends what your looking for.

I've used both - they're both great compasses, but the standard wrist straps on both models suck. The SK6 is very compact, but as ERP said, the SK7 is readable and accurate when tilted.

Another vote for the Suunto, I like the 7.

When I ordered mine, my dealer/buddy tossed in one of those tiny 1/2" zipper pull compases in the box & buried the "real" one underneath.:eek:
As he had hoped, he got a rise out of me.

But, do yourself a favor and take the POS strap off and replace with two loops of bungee cord...

I picked up an SK-5 that was new in the box from a dive shop that was going out of business for something around $15-20. It was new-old stock from the shop that had been in the back for a long time. I added some shock cord wrist straps and have been using it since. It's just a basic reverse bezel compass that does it's job and doesn't take up alot of space.

I have a SK-7...paid 41 smackers for it....
frankly I havent had to use it much yet
except for class

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom