writing on your gear??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used bright pink fingernail polish to put my initials on my weight pockets. It seemed that most of the divers around me all had the same type of pockets. Other bright light color would probably work as well ( yellow, orange, neon green, etc).

Nemrod:
Well, it will ruin the value of your gear when you decide to trade up. Etchings, scribe marks, SSNs, names etched or permenantly afixed to your gear alters it's value to another person, keep that in mind. N
I use plastic electrical tape. It comes in many different colors, one for me, one for my wife, etc. The trick is to attach it so it won't wash off, usually by wrapping it around a small area, and putting sticky side to sticky side. On wet suits, I slice the tape into a half-width length and thread it the through zipper pulls. It doesn't work for everythiing; on some fins, I resort to Sharpies. The tape also doesn't prevent theft, but it does keep the honest people honest, and makes it easier to sort my gear out of a pile.

Dark coloured grease pencil (china marker) on my yellow fins, hasn't even smudged yet, 50+ dives. As for the other stuff, black Sharpie marker on gloves & lights, white nail polish or paint pen on other hard plastic/metal surfaces like tanks, compass, computer. Anything that makes it all stand out from the pack.

Wife had a problem with her gloves keep comming up missing. She wrote on the inside with a marker "STOLEN FROM NORMA" and after that never had a problem loosing them again ....

Nimrod, I'd rather have someting to sell with my name on it than lose an item because someone stole/didn't know who it belonged to. On the other hand I have a tendency to purchase very good equipment and then proceed to wear it out. I've been told that when I sell used equipment it is guaranteed to be "used":)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom