• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Wrong Information on OW card

Discussion in 'Q and A for Scuba Certification Agencies' started by donburde, Sep 17, 2018.

1. donburde

donburde Angel Fish

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    So, my wife finally got her OW PADI certification. We just noticed that the DOB is incorrect,she was born in 75 and her card says 70. Any quick and easy way to fix this that anyone knows of?

2. rhwestfall

rhwestfall Solo Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I just emailed PADI informing them of the error (sent them the diver number on the card). They fixed it (wife's card), and sent a replacement.... happened pretty quick.

customerservice@padi.com

You might need to provide some other form of identification showing a DOB, but they didn't require one from me.

donburde and Rooster59 like this.
  3. TexasTaxi

TexasTaxi Angel Fish

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    Does your wife know that you're posting her ACTUAL birthdate on the www? :wink:

donburde and rhwestfall like this.
  4. donburde

donburde Angel Fish

She doesnt care... Ive got her by 5 years, so I'll always be the OLDER one LOL

5. donburde

donburde Angel Fish

The biggest issue with it is verification of her diver number, for example looking up your license on PADI.com or scubaearth. Now that she is getting her AOW as well, she may end up having 2 different ones... apparently we need to get this fixed ...

6. yle

yle Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Don, she'll have two different diver numbers anyway. PADI issues a new diver number for every certification. The exception is for divemaster or higher, i.e. for PADI Pro certs. Once you get a PADI Pro number, it stays the same for your remaining Pro certs (DM, instructor, etc...)

But the good news is that you don't really use your diver number for anything anyway. Even PADI's system looks up divers' certs by their name and birthdate.

7. Fires

Fires Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    If you have an issue with multiple records down the line (i.e. she does advanced and the certifying instructor creates a new record instead of searching for her old one) Then you can always mail PADI and give them the details of both records. They will combine them to your preferred one.

I had a student with 3 different records (different first names - old and new way of spelling - with/without middle name) and I just mailed PADI and they sorted it out, no issues. They are really good like that :thumb2:

8. Tom Winters

Tom Winters Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    Keep the cert card, the wife has to go. Keep looking, Pilgrim, until you find your mate with the birthdate on the card.
    Then your life will be fulfilled.