WTB: 'Nemrod' tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

polardiver

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking for a 'Nemrod' (2250psi) steel 72 tank. Don't know who maker is but from the late 60's. I am trying to match one that I have. What is different about this tank is the bottom. It is not smooth like most steel tanks it has ridges that allow the tank to stand w/o using a boot. I would appreciate any info or help with this search. My email is: jake4017@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Richard

Richard,

Where are you? A dive shop here in Huntsville AL has 2 Nemrod 72s, one is orange and the other is yellow (if I recall correctly). Both are out of VIP, maybe hydro. What are you looking for specifically?

Regards,
Ltstanfo

In your search for a matching tank, include Walter Kidde tanks, as
I believe those "dimpled" Nemrods were all made by Walter Kidde.
I have a set of Nemrod / Kidde doubles that are great to dive
( although I am about to sell them, as I'm moving to double 100's ).

I wish you luck with your search, but I'm curious to know what the attraction of a tank that stands up is, or why a dimpled tank is better than a flat bottomed tank in that regard?

Practicality - they are, as far as I know, the only steel tanks that don't need / use boots ( and if you pump 'em up you have 6.9" diameter, bootless double 100's ).
Their small dimensions make the set easy to handle, both in & out of water.

They are unique, and interesting to some as a small part of diving history.
A couple of years ago, off NC, a diver told me he had a set like mine in his basement....
he was in his 70's & they were his first doubles. ( He now dives only singles.)

Back
Top Bottom