Wanted WTB: sync cable for ikelite housing to 2x nikonos/sea&sea strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is one possible option, but note it says this solution does not support TTL functionality.
Ikelite Sync Cord Two SEA&SEA or INON Strobes to Ikelite Bulkhead Non-TTL (Updated)
Depending on what you have already invested in, and where you want to go in the future, an adapter/synch cord may not be your best next investment. Think through what you have that is "core", such as the camera and perhaps the housing, and what could be changed if push comes to shove, such as the lights. And then call the folks at Reef Photo to talk through your options. They may have some other solutions for you to consider, such as changing the bulkhead on the housing - which they can do.

Here is one possible option, but note it says this solution does not support TTL functionality.
Ikelite Sync Cord Two SEA&SEA or INON Strobes to Ikelite Bulkhead Non-TTL (Updated)
Depending on what you have already invested in, and where you want to go in the future, an adapter/synch cord may not be your best next investment. Think through what you have that is "core", such as the camera and perhaps the housing, and what could be changed if push comes to shove, such as the lights. And then call the folks at Reef Photo to talk through your options. They may have some other solutions for you to consider, such as changing the bulkhead on the housing - which they can do.

Yeah, that’s the one I was looking at. I figured i’d post here to see if anyone wanted to sell a used one before buying new.

I looked a little into TTL set ups/replacing the bulkhead and it seemed like they would all be at least > $500.

Not surprised, which is why I wonder if changing the entire housing might be a better plan. Depending on what style of Ikelite housing, you might even reduce or eliminate some unnecessary positive buoyancy from the housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom