WTB used BC/Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

founts

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi All,

Little history : Certified in '99 did a bunch of diving first few years, got married, had kids, stopped diving. Just did a refresher course, joined a local club, and getting in a weekly dive. Plan on expanding my experience, taking additional courses, etc. Joined Scubaboard recently (heck, there is a lot to read!) and really enjoying the insight and opinions thus far.

I rent all the time, and it's adding up to a used starter set already. I have personal gear and exposure suits. I'm looking for a full reg/octo setup + bc.

I live in Canada (near Detroit) and most of my diving is done locally (Freshwater, cold(er)). I do two Caribbean trips a year and will be diving there also (saltwater/warm(er)). I don't dive deep (yet) but would like gear that is suitable for AOW depths (taking the course this fall)

Since I rent, I have tried a lot of different BC's, regs, etc and I really don't have a preference. Hence why I want to buy used, so I can upgrade components new in the future as I develop those preferences and advance my diver training and experience. I figure why drop 1000's on a new set to only realize 1 or 2 years in that I need/want something different.

Posting here as I assume (and hope, heh) that the used gear was maintained properly from an experienced diver who is moving up on their gear needs and wouldn't mind giving a good deal to a less experienced diver working on personal improvement.

I'm 6', 170 lbs. BC's I rent have been all mediums.

I am not all that interested in a Computer at this time, but if it is already attached to the setup I'll consider it depending on cost =)

Thanks for the read and if you have some gear, or suggestions, I look forward to hearing them. I'll reiterate the Canada part (I can get it shipped to Detroit through a business - I live on the border), but not sure what used gear costs in duty/etc crossing the border) as I don't want to end up having shipping costs run as a high percentage of the gear.

Thanks again!

C

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom