WTB ZoomGear that would work with 12-60mm 4/3 lens in Olympus own housing for E-520

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr_Pyro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking for a zoom gear for the 12-60 4/3 lens.
I use Olympus own housing, PT-E05.

If anyone has an old zoomgear or any help on how to build one would also be much apreciated. (I've tried large loop welcro but it wasn't strong enough.)

Kind regards

/Johan

Athena makes or at least made a zoom and manual focus gears for the 12-60 zoom. If you go to the Reefphoto.com site and use the pull down menu on the upper left to click on Athena you will see the gear and port combo. Be aware that the lens works with the 170mm dome port and a LONG extension port. I had to stack the Athena 7-14 extension and the 1.4X tele-converter extension to get the lens to work with my Olympus DSLR housing. I is quite expensive to make use of the lens if you don't already have the equipment for other lenses like I did.

Phil Rudin

Thanks Phil!
I've already got the 170mm dome and the two extensions (PER E01 and PER E02) for the teleconverters. As far as I can tell the lens will not vignette at the wide end in that combo.
Didn't see the zoom ring beeing sold separatelty at the reefphoto store.
The zoom/focusrings for the 11-22 14-54 and 8mm are alos rumored to do the jobb with a bit of tweeking.

I don't know the gear mechanism of PT-E05
but with little effort I can use the focus/zoom gear 14-42mm of 10bar for 12-50mm in 10bar housing and 7-14mm for OM-D in Nauticam housing.
this may give you some idea

1PEPL1.jpg

for 7-14mm I hv to cut the gear and use superglue to stick to another gear.

Hello Pyro,

You would need to E-mail your local Athena dealer to see if the gear can still be ordered. I got mine years ago, gear only. It has since gone down the road along with all my other Olympus DSLR stuff when I shifted to M43. You may be able to make a gear with a larger inside diameter work as Wisnu has shown above. I am guessing the 7-14 gear might come close if you have or can find one of them. I had the 11-22/14-54 and 8mm gears and they did not work as I recall. Since Olympus never made a gear for that excellent 12-60 zoom finding somthing made for it will not be easy.

Phil

if you are interested i have the 50mm f 2.0 macro lens for sell with inon macro port.
plus the inon dome protector 2 dome port . just a thought... i sell it cheep

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom