WTF no sim card slot on the new iPhone 14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GF99/99

Contributor
Reaction score
Love it or hate it im one of those iphone users that always upgrades every couple years. I have a 11pro and was waiting until the 14 pro came out to upgrade but I can not believe the new one does not come with a physical sim card slot!!!???!!!??

That is crazy and an absolute deal breaker for me. For example in the last 4 weeks I have been in 5 different countries and none of them have "esim" so the only way to get service is with a physical sim card and this is true for most of the countries I travel to.

What the heck was Apple's plan for frequent business or holiday travelers to go abroad??? I literally have a bag full of sim cards I am changing them so often.

Also a lot of business people have multiple phones they change the sim carb back a fourth between now you can not do this either.

What are others thoughts on the no sim card slot new iphone?

Get a 13 to hold you over for now?

Just googled and the physical sim is gone for the US. The articles I found are unsure what this means for iPhones outside the US.

I think US only means in other countries it will have a sim tray, so, I guess you need to buy one from abroad when available.

Never owned an Iphone, or had to deal with a company that installs a firmware upgrade to slow down your phone.
My Sony Android phone can take two sim cards so when I travel I can slip in an extra card for local in country use. I just choose which card to use on my device.

Love it or hate it im one of those iphone users that always upgrades every couple years. I have a 11pro and was waiting until the 14 pro came out to upgrade but I can not believe the new one does not come with a physical sim card slot!!!???!!!??

That is crazy and an absolute deal breaker for me. For example in the last 4 weeks I have been in 5 different countries and none of them have "esim" so the only way to get service is with a physical sim card and this is true for most of the countries I travel to.

What the heck was Apple's plan for frequent business or holiday travelers to go abroad??? I literally have a bag full of sim cards I am changing them so often.

Also a lot of business people have multiple phones they change the sim carb back a fourth between now you can not do this either.

Welcome to the Apple ecosystem.

Never owned an Iphone, or had to deal with a company that installs a firmware upgrade to slow down your phone.
My Sony Android phone can take two sim cards so when I travel I can slip in an extra card for local in country use. I just choose which card to use on my device.

Welcome to the Apple ecosystem.

Haha yeah I know it's that whole "special" apple thing thats why I started off with love it or hate it as I know Apple product are a love hate relationship.

My current iPhone has a dual sim card slot (can take 2 physical sim cards). Yes very hand for using 2 sim cards a once especially one for personal and one for work.

Get a 13 to hold you over for now?

Just googled and the physical sim is gone for the US. The articles I found are unsure what this means for iPhones outside the US.

I think US only means in other countries it will have a sim tray, so, I guess you need to buy one from abroad when available.

Thanks for pointing this out! Did some googling and it looks like from what I can tell all the non US iphone's will still have a sim card slot. Problem now is buying from an Apple store overseas is always alot more expensive. Cheapest place is usually Hong Kong but that is almost impossible to get to right now. Ill be in Singapore in October so maybe ill pick one up at the Apple store there, usually is fairly reasonable pricing.

I didn't know about the SIM card. I will hold onto my 13 Pro now.
The only downside is the 14 has the Text to satellite Emergency feature free for 2 years.

New doesn’t mean scary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom