WTF no sim card slot on the new iPhone 14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Lightning connector predated USB C by a couple of years, so why change if they didn't have to? I agree with Marie about taking care of your stuff. I tried to convince a girl at the Apple Store today that Applecare just isn't worth it for me, since I've never had occasion to repair or replace anything Apple due to damage. She clearly wasn't buying it.

Also apple support for grey market goods is really hit or miss

Ignore the ad.

Attachments

• 1FDAFD17-15EC-434F-B425-4058687108EA.png
    1FDAFD17-15EC-434F-B425-4058687108EA.png
    251.1 KB · Views: 53
While I love my iPhone when traveling abroad I take my trust Pixel loaded with Google Fi service. Unlimited international data and hot spot/teethering. Cell coverage has been phenomenal on it. iPhone just goes on airplane mode in this case. Still not enough to make me switch from iOS/iPhones as a daily driver but great travel phone.

While we are talking I Phone. Any idea on how to curb the 20-30 political donation request texts I am getting on a daily basis ? Any help is appreciated, as I can't delete them fast enough.

While we are talking I Phone. Any idea on how to curb the 20-30 political donation request texts I am getting on a daily basis ? Any help is appreciated, as I can't delete them fast enough.
Do you have your texts filtered by known and unknown senders? Blocking the numbers doesn’t seem to do much, I bet.

I have the Verizon spam blocker and two apps Truecaller and Hiya that are supposed to block spam but aren't working too well. I can't filter by unknown numbers since I get unknown numbers work related contacting me.
Yes, I do block the number but they change numbers daily, blocking is ineffective.

Interesting article on why you want to get iPhone 14, especially the Pro Max version:

While I love my iPhone when traveling abroad I take my trust Pixel loaded with Google Fi service. Unlimited international data and hot spot/teethering. Cell coverage has been phenomenal on it. iPhone just goes on airplane mode in this case. Still not enough to make me switch from iOS/iPhones as a daily driver but great travel phone.
I have Google Fi on an eSIM on my iPhone SE (3rd generation), works great! One of the many advantages of eSIMs is that you can turn them off. Or you can set them up before you leave and wait to turn them on. Unless you really need a non-VoIP local number, I really don't see a need for SIMs anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom