Wth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iralub

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Went on a couple of dives today on a tourist day boat. Very benign conditions, very easy dives. I had a minor equipment issue, discovered before the dive, but was fine diving with it in those conditions. Nil probs during the dive. I completed the safety stop and indicated to the DM that my computer has cleared the ss time. I'm just hovering nice and neutral, waiting for my buddy's computer to clear. The DM indicates to me that I can go up and then (this is the WTF bit) grabs my inflator hose to start releasing air for my ascent!

I took the inflator off him and tried to indicate by gestures (that didn't include the middle finger) that I was ok executing an ascent from the safety stop! With just under 100 dives I'm not a particularly experienced diver, but I can remember to release air on ascent if necessary!

Has anyone had that sort of thing happen? It struck me as mighty strange. The DM was a very nice guy otherwise and I didn't want to go off at him, so let it slide.

I always tell DMs and boat crew to keep their hands off my equipment. If a DM had done that to me, we would have been exchanging some serious words back on the boat. There is no excuse for messing with another diver's equipment unless it is clearly an emergency and the diver is incapable of resolving the situation.

Is there any chance you are a gorgeous young women who bad her inflator drapped over her bikini top????
Rofl. I was in a full wetsuit and there were prettier and younger ladies there, so I doubt that was the reason :)

Touching my gear pisses me off. Holdover from the FD. Screwing with a firefighter's gear is a good way to lose teeth.

Another in the answer list for the quiz question: "uses for a dive knife".

In this case, a large pointy one.

Back
Top Bottom