www.leisurepro.com again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 85:
You do know where Timbucktoo is, don't you??........

Well yeah silly....In between Timbuck ONE and Timbuk THREE! :rofl3:

I've spent a couple thousand at leisure pro over the last 5 years and I've been happy with everything I've bought from them, they're the original discount scuba equipment dealer. Word of mouth that others can only dream about keep them going. When was the last time you saw a leisure pro ad. Lots of happy customers keep them in business.

Buoyant1:
Well yeah silly....In between Timbuck ONE and Timbuk THREE! :rofl3:
:rofl3: :rofl3: good one.

Well, I too have bought a lot of items from Leisurepro and never had any problems. In fact just recently, I bought a Sealife Digital strobe. They had the best price by far. That said, I did buy my life support gear from several LDS.

BTW it is pretty interesting to see just how many lines LeisurePro "Is" an authourized dealer for.

yea..they have an amazing inventory, just wish they would score some Halcyon.

Listen, this might be too "female" (like asking for directions) for you, but here is what I do. I call..lets say LP, for example. Then I get to a manager by asking for one, and then I pose my questions regarding the specific items in question. I make notes and get his name, chat him up a bit. I sometimes even ask that person if they can note our aggreement in my "file". Now, if I have an issue on a big ticket item, guess what? I call Stan or Norm..or whoever, and I don't have to deal with the whole random customer service saga.
I might even jot down his quotes or phrases in my notes. Obviously, I don't do this on little things...but anything big, I always make a connection, have a conversation, and get a name.

I too wondered about leisure pro but they do provide the same warranty as the manufacturer. When you have a budget, it is hard to pass on the following price example comparison for an Atmos A1 air integrated computer w/compass:

Leisure pro's price - just under $500.00 v. local dive shop price - $814.00 w/o tax.

While I do like to patronize my local dive shop when I can, it is very tough to pay $300.00 more for the same piece of equipment. Of course, you should check any primary dive equipment in a pool before diving.

Catherine... that IS a little too female (i.e. smart). We men prefer to do things in a more manly way... slam, bam, here's my credit card. Then we can get upset for getting generic service, stomp our feet, and throw a fit. :wink:

lol...I know... I actually know some men. :wink:

Somebody brought up an important point the other day, which was new to me and worth repeating: Send in the LP warranty card!...it's important evidently.

I always thought those were unecessary marketing attempts to gather information and threw them away. Guess it depends on the company.

catherine96821:
yea..they have an amazing inventory, just wish they would score some Halcyon.

Listen, this might be too "female" (like asking for directions) for you, but here is what I do. I call..lets say LP, for example. Then I get to a manager by asking for one, and then I pose my questions regarding the specific items in question. I make notes and get his name, chat him up a bit. I sometimes even ask that person if they can note our aggreement in my "file". Now, if I have an issue on a big ticket item, guess what? I call Stan or Norm..or whoever, and I don't have to deal with the whole random customer service saga.
I might even jot down his quotes or phrases in my notes. Obviously, I don't do this on little things...but anything big, I always make a connection, have a conversation, and get a name.

One good thing about LP is that this is probably not necessary. The salseperson always identifies himself when you call and they seem to keep very accurate record of your conversations. I have ordered many things from them and I did have a rather significant problem with one item. They had record of every conversation I had had with them and they did not hassle me at all about resolving the issue.

While I do like to patronize my local dive shop when I can, it is very tough to pay $300.00 more for the same piece of equipment. Of course, you should check any primary dive equipment in a pool before diving.
I can't speak for anyone else's dive shop, but my LDS will often come very close to online prices if I just ask them if they "can do something with the price" (I have not yet had to be so blunt as to show them what the same thing costs online; I'm sure they're aware of this).

That was the case when my wife and I bought our BCs. Not only did they come off the retail price to very close to what we could have purchased them for online, but we were allowed to test them out in the pool before we made the final decision. Tough to do that online. :eyebrow:

That said, I have also purchased a good amount of stuff online from not only LeisurePro and ScubaToys, but also Diver Supply and Scuba.com. It's great to have so many options!

I don't like negotiating on price. If that's the sticker price, I'll go and see if I can find it cheaper. Can you do me a better deal? playing the dickering price negotiating is something I don't do in the US. I assume they put that price on there because that's what they want for it. Two clicks and a credit card and my item is on the way without sales tax for the best price. They put their price on the item and the internet dealer put their price on the item. I'll match it, is BS.

I bought my van through costco, I went online, found the edmunds price for what I wanted, did the costco thing at the participating dealer. Here's the edmunds price, here's the $300 costco fee, here's the check. Call me when its in. I wasn't interested in what the salesman, could do for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom