X-Pert II Knife Instructions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lbildner

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently bought an X-Pert II knife (steel, blunt tip). The enclosed instructions for disassembly and cleaning seem to be for a different model. Before I damage the knife (or my hand) trying to take it apart, are there instructions available for this model?

Thanks

just unscrew the bottom with allan "HEX" key (or whatever method to unscrew the metal bottom loose) and wipe the whole metal part with mineral oil then put it back together.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.
However, on this knife, there are no visible screws or otherwise 'unscrewable' parts.
If necessary, I'll post a picture, as soon as I figure out how!

HI-
We are working on getting a pdf version of the new FK-900 series assembly/disassembly instrucitons now, hopefully we should have it within a few days and will post it. Apologies for the delayed response.

Ok, we have been informed by Japan that the FK-900 series knives are not meant for dis-assembly. However, if necessary they can be. Proper instructions are HERE

I appreciate the information.

I must say I'm a bit surprised, since one of the features highlighted when I purchased the knife was "easy disassembly." At least now I know how to do it if I have to.

Anyway, thank you again for your response.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom