X-Stream

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZdiver1279

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm real close to purchasing the new X-Stream fins. They are so new I can't find reviews of them anywhere.

Has anyone on SB tried these? What were your impressions?

Any feed back at all will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi
I have not taken the Mares X-streams on a dive yet, but I have been out snorkeling a number of times with them this week. They are very light, that's the first thing that struck me. I was snorkeling in very shallow water at times in very narrow channels and I found these fins to be easy to maneuver with and also great to hover with.

They responded well to little flutter kicks and when I took them out into deep water they seemed to be powerful with a bigger kick.

They seem fairly powerful but they do not accelerate or have the "bite" that my old jet fins have. I could swim fast with the x-streams, but maybe not quite as fast as with the jets. I was in the water for an hour to and hour and a half at a time, sometimes going a fair distance, and did not experience any fatigue from these fins. They do seem to be very easy on the feet and knees.

I like them a lot and I want to get into some heavier current and compare them to the jets. Also they seem to have more positive flotation that the jets. I'll try dropping them in the water tomorrow and see what happens.

I plant to rent a pair of Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max fins this week if I can find them and compare further, but so far I really like the X-Stream fins.

Last edited:
I'v got a pair of x streams and tried them in the ocean and quarrys and so far im lovin them its light and easy on the leg muscles to swim when in heavy currents.
Slow kicks get u to the spot alot faster then doin fast heavey kicks tho. ( I mite be wrong as im just a goofy diver)
Well hope u come right on ur choice there AZdiver1279

I'v got a pair of x streams and tried them in the ocean and quarrys and so far im lovin them its light and easy on the leg muscles to swim when in heavy currents.
Slow kicks get u to the spot alot faster then doin fast heavey kicks tho. ( I mite be wrong as im just a goofy diver)
Well hope u come right on ur choice there AZdiver1279

I did buy a pair of these about a month ago right after I made the original post and I really like the fins. I think they are faster with less effort than my Tusa Xpert Zooms or my Mares Volo or my Atomic splits. I've only had them in the lake so far but look forward to taking them to FL next month.

Thanks for your post!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom