X1,Petrel or Hollis Help????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hollis DG05, you get the Oceanic quality and customer service which is outstanding. The Hollis is the way to go.

I run VPM-B on my Predator and the profiles are the same as v-planner.

I agree with you, I am sure the model is the same and the schedules match.

I was referring to Ross's software, which does use the VPM-B/E model. I've found the V-Planner Live software to be very solid, reliable, and intuitive. The user-friendly aspect is a big leg up in my book.

All the best, James

I would have to agree. You are far better to go with a Scubapro or Aqualung vs the others. Service world wide and price point similar to atomic. I would shy away from Hog. Although they make a food product, they are new to the reg world and I wouldn't want to end up with no support in a few years.

I would have to agree. You are far better to go with a Scubapro or Aqualung vs the others. Service world wide and price point similar to atomic. I would shy away from Hog. Although they make a food product, they are new to the reg world and I wouldn't want to end up with no support in a few years.

uhhh. Did I miss a post or something? Who are you agreeing with? I didnt see anyone say that Scubapro or Aqualung were far better than Hog.

I dont think Hog is going anywhere - and serviceability is almost everywhere now. Plus - you can service them yourself if you want to take the class?

I had the same reg choice and I bought 2 Hogs, and getting ready to buy 2 more. I might sell my Zeagles (which I love) just to get everything consistent.

As to the Computer - Im also in the same boat.....so to speak....Im on the verge or ordering a bunch of Petrels for a group of guys that dive my boat. We are just waiting to see if we want to be part of the first shipment - or wait to see if there are kinks to work out.

As to the recommendation that Hollis is the way to go because of Customer service.....I disagree. A recent experience I had (and still having) with their inability to service gear, disqualified them from the 5 computer purchase our group is making......I cant be without my light for 5+ weeks.....let alone a Computer. Anything can and will break - but- Shearwater has a demonstrated history of benfing over backwards and getting the computer back ASAP, sometimes within 2 days. That alone makes it the best choice in my eyes.

Back
Top Bottom