Xcel 765 wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am looking at getting the Xcel 765 wetsuit any comments on how they are and how rugged they are.
Was thinking about a Henderson Gold Core or Stretch but ahave read a few posts they they damage fairly easly?
Also where would be a good place to find one in So Cal
Thanks

I got an Xcel XF 3.2 full suit. I've used it for over 20dives and it's held up pretty well so far. The nylon string in the seams can get a bit frilly if there's something rough rubbing it (like exposed velcro of a safety sausage along my left hip), but beyond that there were no problems whatsoever. The fit was good, it has nice neck, wrist, and leg seals, and it kept me plenty warm.

-Roman.

I have an Xcel 7-8-6 Titanium Tri-density Polar SCS. Probably did 30 dives in it last year and it still looks like new. Very warm for a semi-dry wetsuit with excellent ankle and good wrist seals. But “semi-dry” is like “kind of pregnant,” either you are or your not. Now that the DUI CLX450 is here it will likely be looking for a new home.

I am very pleased with my 765. It has kept me acceptably warm in up to 8°C water and fits like a glove. It was the only off the rack suit I was able to find that actually fitted me perfectly, being tall and slim. The only negative point I could find about the suit was that the back-zipper let through too much water. If this was not the case, the excellent ankle, wrist and neck seals would let through almost no water, making it a perfect semi-dry in my opinion. In cold water one really needs the vest-hood to prevent the back from getting cold due to the zipper seepage. After 30+ dives it still looks and feels fine. But I too am getting a CLX450, so the Xcel will be only be used for vacations in warmer waters in future I guess.

Regards

Rudolf

Yes I hear the vested hood makes all the difference in the world. Thanks for the info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom