XD card Error.. please help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nelia1978

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

I actually need some help. I was diving last weekend in the Keys, and took some amiture pics of underwater, as well as some video, AND some vacation pictures. There is one issue, on my last dive, about 1 min before popping out of the water, I noticed the blue screen of death on my XD card. I tried to see if it got read on my pc, did not work, i tried on my camers, did not work.. can someone help me get these pics on the card back?It was my first dive trip so i would love to get the pics from the chip back. can anyone help?

Thanks.
nelia

I'd second Gilligan's suggestion. I had an unreadable section of an SD card from my last trip, nothing worked. Tried this software, blink--the pics were back. You can try the software first for free and at least find out if it will work for your card. When you find that it does (I bet) then you pay them to download the code to fully use it. Can be shared on other computers you own, it's simple to run--"try it, you'll like it". Good luck. // ww

Even if the PC nor the camera recognize the card this program should work? I just get a blue screen of death on the camera saying there is an error and the pc askes me to format the card and even if i try it will not format it.. but either way, i will give it a try when i get home tonight..

Thanks guys..

Well, you won't know until you try. You do get to analyse the card free, so you know before you spend any $$ if it will work. The free download part doesn't give you access to your pics but at least you know they can be gotten at. The software can recover deleted pics or re-formatted cards etc. so there's a very good chance it will thwart the blue screen of death. (good software to have on hand anyway...) // ww

Whatever you do, don't format the card! This will erase whatever pictures were saved on it.

Is this for a PC or a Mac. For a mac, I like Data Rescue II, it has fixed things no other software can touch.
Bill

Is this for a PC or a Mac. For a mac, I like Data Rescue II, it has fixed things no other software can touch.
Bill

Its for a PC and i have tried some programs, and I dont think it can be saved =(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom