Xdeep stealth 2, Faber lp 85, and the butt plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anybody have experience using the x deep stealth with Faber lp 85s? Specifically I was wondering if people use the butt plate with this configuration.

The lp85s get pretty butt light when empty. If you use the butt plate you will probably want to put ~2lbs on each tank band to hold down the tails. Then they will behave more like Worthington lp85s and you won't need drings forward to reclip them. If you don't use the butt plate then I would skip the cam band weights and have a forward hip Dring to reclip the cylinders as the tails start to get light.

How does the x deep stealth dive with steel tanks. I have heard from more than one person that the razor was extremely uncomfortable with steel tanks. I currently dive one of Edd's SMS 100 and had thought about buying a x deep stealth for diving some smaller caves with lp 50's. Just curious if anyone has tried it?

How does the x deep stealth dive with steel tanks. I have heard from more than one person that the razor was extremely uncomfortable with steel tanks. I currently dive one of Edd's SMS 100 and had thought about buying a x deep stealth for diving some smaller caves with lp 50's. Just curious if anyone has tried it?

The Stealth wing can be rigged two ways, you can use the inside loops that allows the wing to inflate with very little squeeze but you give up some streamlining. If you rig the wing to the outside loops you will find that a wing is really streamlined but when about half inflated starts to squeeze and fully inflated it does have a considerable about of squeeze . I don’t feel the squeeze is excessive enough to call it uncomfortable but it is noticeable but how often would you need the full 37lbs of lift. The bladder does have baffles so doesn’t blow up like beach ball but stays streamlined even when fully inflated. I have dove the stealth with Worthington LP85 in 5 mil wetsuit attaching the tanks to the XDeep butt plate without any problems. I will say that I probably won’t go much large than LP85 in wetsuit but thats me.

So is the general consensus that you don't need the plate for Faber lp85?

Yes, its not necessary. I dove Stealth 2.0 with LP 108's on regular basis with no butt plate but found the butt plate excellent storage for my "stuff" i.e. spools, reels, GoPro camera and other so now diving with butt plate all the time regardless.

Just spent a full day diving the Stealth with 10l 200bar steel tanks (sorry no idea what is the yankee equivalent). The balanxe was superb! I had a buttplate but preferred the basic attachment point in waistbelt and the buttplate rails for storing and organizing stuff like reels, spools, smb´s etc.

Hey does anybody know whats up with the stealth 2 shortage in the U.S.? The two dealers I called didnt have any in stock and didnt know when more when would be available.

Hey does anybody know whats up with the stealth 2 shortage in the U.S.? The two dealers I called didnt have any in stock and didnt know when more when would be available.

New batch of Stealth 2.0 will arrive in Newark airport this Friday and processed to the requesting dealers right after.
Stealth was globally on back order a while after hitting its record sales in short period of time but manufacturing volume was already adjusted and shouldn't be any further delay in deliveries.

Thank you for being patient.
Regards.

New batch of Stealth 2.0 will arrive in Newark airport this Friday and processed to the requesting dealers right after.
Stealth was globally on back order a while after hitting its record sales in short period of time but manufacturing volume was already adjusted and shouldn't be any further delay in deliveries.

Thank you for being patient.
Regards.

Yea I can't wait ether lol. I've been waiting since the beginning of February to get mine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom