Xdeep Zen or Zeos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

llyamah

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am in the UK and my preferred choice (Apeks) is out of stock and there is not a great deal of options out there. So I am considering purchasing an Xdeep, but I am having a hard time deciding whether to go for the Zen or Zeos. I am leaning towards the Zeos as a traditional BPW. This is for single tank tropical diving.

Keen for thoughts. Also would welcome other suggestions but I think a lot of the popular choices one here (e.g. DGX) are not readily avaialble in Europe.

Single tank tropical diving I purchased the Large Ghost. I also bought the weight pockets. Depending on how much weight you need I bought the XL pockets as the small pockets don't hold much and the M/L pockets hold about 8 pounds in each and you can get 9 pounds inn each as long as they aren't plastic coated lead weights. They are a pain to get the inside weight holding pockets into the outside pocket holders. It is just so much easier to put the into the XL pockets. I thought I would not need anywhere near 16 pounds total when I travel but I was wrong....I went to Fl and we needed full 5mil suits and had Aluminum 80's so we needed to wear around 16 pounds...I was using the M/L pockets and it was a pain in the butt

I had the same decision a few weeks back. I went with Zeos because it was my first BPW and I wanted it to be as classic as possible. The harness style on the Zen looks interesting though but the plate I’m not entirely sure, looks a bit too wide although allegedly is more ergonomic. They also innovated on the inflator hose adaptor, which on the Zen goes on the center instead of slightly to the left like most wings. Since that is supposed to come over your shoulder and to the front I feel like being on the side actually feels more ergonomic instead of being directly behind your neck. But Zen users on this forum say it’s a great BPW so my take on it all is that you will be very happy with either once you commit.

Another advantage of the Zeos is that you can have a 13kg lift choice if you figure you don’t need a lot of lift (there is a very good buoyancy spreadsheet somewhere in the forum). The Zen only comes with a 19kg lift version which is quite a bit and probably overkill for some types of diving.

The Zeos works fine for me. An alternative might be the Tecline Donut series (different colors and wing sizes, different harnesses and plates too).

I got the Zen and regret it
I have no need for all that lift

What is there to regret? Just inflate it less according to your requirement…

I'd recommend the Zeos if you dive a 5 mil in tropical water (as I do). I don't need any extra weight with my SS BP and STA.

Food for thought. I like this setup so I only need to rent cylinders when I shore dive in Maui.

Thanks for the replies. I've decided to go for the Zeos. This isn't actually for me, it's for my other half. I will update this thread to say how she (or we if I try it) like it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom