XIOS EyeSea Sonar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
From what I hear this is an amazing product? you put a transmitter on the dive boat then have, for lack of better words, a watch that tells you exactly where your boat is.
I just recently stubbled upon a new site ( EyeSea Sonar ) and from what I'm reading it sounds amazing, but seems a little outdated. Has anyone used this before? If so, is it any good? I hear that the guy who invented it died, but a group of people are going to get it back up and running. So, just a thought.

-Scubajones

I have one and it works.....from what I gather they were making them for the Navy and decided to make them for sport divers with a few sensitive parts left out....the Navy more or less put a stop to this as the range that was reported with the unit was in fact much further....so this was a security concern if it fell into the wrong hands....what few units still out there command a nice price. As a bonus the active pinging sometimes tends to draw the curious shark.....it also eats batteries....
Yarg

I hear that the guy who invented it died, but a group of people are going to get it back up and running. So, just a thought.

Where did you find the information about this new comeback Scubajones? Is this a verified information?

Mike

I heard from a personal friend, so I guess I can't really verify it. From what I hear, someone put a few grand investment into buying all the programming and units from somewhere and he is going to try to get them mass produced, if the demand is high for them. From what I've heard about it so far (which is little due to the lack of information on the internet) they are amazing. I'll post something on this thread if I get any verified information.

hello.., I am an italian diver.
Sorry me, for my terrible eglish, but I use this languages only for my job..
I have read your post, and now I ask to you, if is possible for me to buy one..
Can you say to me, how do that..?

Than you...

Best regards, Renato

I have a complete set of XIOS navigation system for sale, almost brand new, in excellent condition and used only several times. I paid US$1,200, now asking for $1,000 (shipping not included). If you are interested or have questions, please email me taichidive@hotmail.com, preferred payment by PayPal. You can also call me @ (415)533-7278 if you preferred to talk about it.

Actually, I have (1) transmitter and (2) wrist receivers. They are in good conditions with really light scratches. Will give them up only as a set (all 3 pieces) for USD$1,500. Anyone interested, we'll make payment through Paypal. My email is taichidive@hotmail.com. Please see photos attached.

Attachments

• DSC00001.jpg
    DSC00001.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 347
  • DSC00002.jpg
    DSC00002.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC00003.jpg
    DSC00003.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 301
  • DSC00004.jpg
    DSC00004.jpg