Closed XL Deep Six Eddy fins for XL OMS Slipstreams

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll have to do a little research on the F1 and F1 LTs. I can see the LTs possibly working for me wet depending on buoyancy

How do they compare in size, buoyancy, and feel compared to the Slipstreams?

I also have a pair of F1s and LTs I use for drysuit on OC and they are both noticeably more negative in the water than the Eddys or the Slipstreams. F1s are certainly the most negative.

@stuartv weighed them in the water a few years back.
Drysuit: Hollis F1 (2# negative, in fresh water, size XL)

Wetsuit w/backmount doubles: Hollis F1 LT (1# negative in fresh water, size Regular)

Wetsuit, all others: Deep6 Gear Eddy fins (neutral in fresh water, size Large)

The Hollis and Deep6 fins have most comfortable foot pockets I have tried. And they work well for technical kicks and have decent power.

I tried Jet fins and they were not comfortable on my feet, and gave me leg cramps.

I tried Dive Rite XT fins. The foot pocket was very comfortable on those. But, they were so long and stiff it felt like I was on the verge of cramping the whole time. Also, they are 0.7# negative in fresh water (size Large). Neutral fins are better for me in most wetsuit configs. The heavier F1 LT fins are better for me in wetsuit with backmount double 120s.

I'll have to do a little research on the F1 and F1 LTs. I can see the LTs possibly working for me wet depending on buoyancy

How do they compare in size, buoyancy, and feel compared to the Slipstreams?
The Hollis fins are fractionally shorter and narrower than the Slipstreams, by about 1/8" in both length and width. The photo on the left shows a side-by-side comparison; the photo on the left shows the fins stacked.
2023-11-22 16.32.18.jpg
2023-11-22 16.33.25.jpg

In terms of buoyancy and feel, I find it hard to say because I've not done side-by-side comparison dives. From what I recall, though, the Hollis fins feel sleeker, and the Slipstreams feel like bigger, flatter paddles. And I believe the LTs felt a bit more buoyant.

EDIT: But based on @MyBuddy's post, which appeared while I was typing, I might be mistaken about the buoyancy thing.

I have a pair of Orange XL Deep Six Eddy fins. Everything is great about them except that they are a bit too stiff for me.

Looking to trade for a pair of XL OMS slipstreams (I have a pair in Large but new footwear means they are too small now.) Preference for Orange or Yellow versions but Black, Red, White, Blue is fine too.

They probably have less than 10 dives on them (maybe one of those was in salt water).

Let me know what you've got!

View attachment 809963
View attachment 809964

hi.
I have some slipstreams in red XL. Id like to try the eddy's since I prefer a stiffer fin. coming from XS power fins, but too heavy for warm water diving. I use a size 12 converse Allstar and had a hard time getting them into the XL slips. What footwear are you using with your XL Eddy's?
thanks

I'm diving Altama Maritime Assaults in 9W (wet) and 10.5W (dry). XL Eddys are arguably a shade too large for the 10.5W Alamas.

I'm currently evaluating "L" Scubapro Seawing Supernovas for wet.

Interestingly, they might be "weightable" with my dry footwear since there is significant space in the toe area wirh my wide boots. It has me considering them as a configurable option.

Hello, have you considered selling the Eddy flips outright?

Thank You and Sorry to you folks that put trade offers up! I feel like a jerk.

I was scrambling to get set for my trip, but I figured I'd be doing a swap now that I'm back. I think I sorted out my "wet" fins with the SuperNovas, but how much doubles and dry diving I'll be doing now is in significant question as I returned with what I think is a re-ruptured L3-L4 disk. I am also considering, should I go ahead, in the interest of starting to cut-down on the pile of fins which increasingly filling my office (Diving Closet), if weighting the SuperNovas for dry-use is a practical possibility - either through plates or spring straps.

Hello, have you considered selling the Eddy flips outright?
Maybe. I am considering my options.

For now, I think I better simply close this thread. I will reach out directly once I get some clarity.

Again - My Apologies!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom