XL F1 yellow tips will they ever be available again?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nick,

I ordered the XL yellow tipped from my LDS based on your post that they are now a stock item in all sizes. Are you filling orders for the XLs?

Just to let everyone know. I just called scuba.com and got no answer they will call back. Well I called Hollis and got my answer. Nick was right they received the order but quality control rejected the batch. The colors ran into each other and did not meet Hollis standards. I can live with that.

They said it would be 2 months at least. ....... Well I guess I will have to wait. I will cancel my order with scuba.com since they charged me months ago (5+) and should not have done that unless they have the item and shipped it. That is a violation of visas agreements.

Let's see how that goes today. Guess I have to continue diving my plain old F1's

Well, can't say that I'm overjoyed with the continued unavailability, but real information is much better than getting strung along so I appreciate the candor from Hollis. With valid info I can make my own decision.

I just wish scuba.com was as forthcoming as Hollis was. I got my money back after they had it for 6 months. I asked them about that and they did not even attempt to say they were sorry or offer something for my inconvenience and their breaking the visa agreement. Now I have to search the net for that one dive shop that has 1 pair of XL F1yellow tips.

Sounds like the ones I got. Ya know, maybe you can ask Nick for a set of the rejected ones at a discount. IF the running of the colors does not affect the function of the fins who cares if they blend a bit?

Sounds like the ones I got. Ya know, maybe you can ask Nick for a set of the rejected ones at a discount. IF the running of the colors does not affect the function of the fins who cares if they blend a bit?

Jim

Not a bad idea..... I have never been into fashion just functionality....... Plus I would be the only one out there with yellow streaked fins......

Nick

Want to make a deal....... I just want them so people can spot me from a distance......
Let me know.............

Just to let everyone know. I just called scuba.com and got no answer they will call back. Well I called Hollis and got my answer. Nick was right they received the order but quality control rejected the batch. The colors ran into each other and did not meet Hollis standards. I can live with that.

They said it would be 2 months at least. ....... Well I guess I will have to wait. I will cancel my order with scuba.com since they charged me months ago (5+) and should not have done that unless they have the item and shipped it. That is a violation of visas agreements.

Let's see how that goes today. Guess I have to continue diving my plain old F1's

All this racket is over fins with yellow tips? Being a solo diver, who would see the yellow tips anyway? :idk:

All this racket is over fins with yellow tips? Being a solo diver, who would see the yellow tips anyway? :idk:

To each their own. At least they are not Pink. Yes I am a solo diver due to my schedule and off time it is hard to get others out with me but I also have some friends that occasionally get to dive with and they would be good for sorting out who is there when we are going in and out of wrecks and swim throughs. Plus I just like them.

Hmm, I'd take a set of "seconds" at a discount as well.

Nick

Bump .......... I know you probally had to send back the defective fins and I appreciate the quality checks but if you did not have to trash them what do you think about aselling a pair of yellow streaks at a discount?

Let me know......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom