X'mas & New Years public holidays

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dogbowl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I'm considering taking a short trip (less than 1 week) to Coz over the x'mas or new years' holidays. Will restaurants/dive ops be closed on Dec 24th, 25th, 31st and Jan 1st? I don't wanna come down for 3 days' of diving and then only be able to dive one day or have no food available. Thanks!

I'm considering taking a short trip (less than 1 week) to Coz over the x'mas or new years' holidays. Will restaurants/dive ops be closed on Dec 24th, 25th, 31st and Jan 1st? I don't wanna come down for 3 days' of diving and then only be able to dive one day or have no food available. Thanks!

As far as I know all dive shops and restaurants will be open most all of the time. This is the time of year that makes or breaks our business. However, on Christmas Eve and Day as well as New Years, we won't be doing any night dives…just two morning dives. Your only problem may be getting reservations. Good Luck.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

I always wonder if it is really necessary to dive on New Years Day. Are people not going to stay up and head to bed at 9 pm to be fit to dive the next day?

We did back in Turks and Caicos a few years back. This time we are flying out on the 1st at noon so we are staying up!

Is the plaza the best place to ring in the new year? And do the restaurants rip you off like usual? The Cliff in Barbados wanted something like $650US per person!

I always wonder if it is really necessary to dive on New Years Day. Are people not going to stay up and head to bed at 9 pm to be fit to dive the next day?

It's not "necessary" to dive on New Year's Day, but some people would like to do it. Some people don't drink and stay up past midnight to celebrate. :wink:

Rent a couple of tanks the day before and do shore dives on Christmas or New years if the dive shop is closed.If you are diving on regular days with a dive shop they may let you have the tanks for free . Thats what we did several years ago over the holidays.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom