XS Scuba 300 bar Manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm pretty certain the XS valves and manifolds are just rebadged Thermo's. In which case, you'll find A LOT of people on this board who use them. I have 3 manifolds, 1 Thermo, 2 "no name" thermo compatible, and all my single tank valves are thermo. Very reliable, and easy to get serviced just about anywhere you go.

Thanks, I think they will be fine for me.

Funny thing was I was diving Saturday, one of our guys with doubles asked me to turn on his air. I noticed his thermo I had to turn over and over, these ones are one and a half turn from closed to open. Is this something new or been around for awhile, whats your take on that? Seems easier to work.

We sell quite a few of these manifolds. Like Jimmer said, they are very reliable.

What you mentioned with how many turns is true, they are easier to turn on and off and do valve drills. Some people really like them. Cave divers typically dont like them.....Not that any of them are bumping into anything :wink: but you hit that once or twice on a rock, your tank is now almost closed or is completely closed....It can be great for less turns, or less turns can be bad... depends on your diving

Hope that helps,

Mike

Thanks Mike, I won't be diving any caves soon...lol.. I will be just doing the regular wreck dives and so forth this up coming year. My LDS has been really great with me and I trust them. I am sure I will like these, just can't wait to get everything set up and start you know. I appreciate the response.

Take Care

There was a pretty detailed thread on them at TDS a couple months ago...

XS's 300 bar manifold is NOT a re-badged Thermo. XS went to Taiwan to get these made. ALL XS branded valves are from this manufacturer and not from Thermo.

Hi Lee,

Very interesting to learn about the XS valves. One question for you tho. It's obviously esthetically very similar to the Thermo valves, does it use the same service parts?

Unfortunately parts are not interchangeable, there are maor internal differences.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom