XS Scuba First Stage Failure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xscream100

Registered
Reaction score
This is just to warn other owners of the XS Scuba Sea Air Tri-metal regulator that my first stage has failed twice in less than 50 dives. Luckily, the first stage started leaking above water and not at depth. The first failure was caused by a torn o-ring, which happened after eleven dives. The second failure happened after about 20 dives. I have been advised by XS Scuba to return the first stage to ROMI (the manufacturer) for inspection and repair or replacement. I'm debating whether to bother with the expense of sending the regulator back a second time or just writing it off as a bad experience and buying a regulator from a more reputable supplier. Have you had problems with this regulator?

A tough situation to be in but if it was me, I would have lost confidence in this regulator. I would switch to another manufacturer.

I am almost positive that the XS Sea Air is the descendant of the older IDI Seaira so these regulators have been around for well over a decade. They are not very popular regulators but did score highly in magazine tests. If these were defective regulators I am sure more problems would have been reported. It could be possible that there was a bad batch of parts. This happened to other manufactures like Scubapro and Apeks in the past. I would send the regulator for service

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom