XS Scuba Highland Pocket Shorts....anyone using?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to hear as i'm looking at these pocket shorts now that i've switched to bp/w...

@Mark... this is the sizing chart i see:

View attachment 158588

what's your actual waist measurement? so i can get an idea of how of-size they are

One of the problems people have is confusing waist size with pants size. In theory, they should be the same, but in practice, they often aren't even close.

I recently tried on two pair of shorts, both with the same waist size. They are made by two different manufacturers. I could put one of them on and off while the button is fastened and the fly zipped. I couldn't even close the other one. If I put a tape around my waist, it is a couple inches bigger than the advertised size of those shorts.

For me, the XS guide comes closest to my actual waist size rather than my supposed clothing size.

They are great and I wouldn't dive without them. They run larger so if you fall into a large get the medium as they have a draw string and are very stretchy. I am a 34'' waist and use a medium.

hmm i wear 32 with a belt, can prolly wear 30 without... medium may do it for me to i guess

When I bought mine - the guys at the dive shop made fun of me!!LOL

I love the pockets in my drysuit and when I travel - I need pockets....so.....these were the perfect way to have pockets on any of my wetsuits. I love them. They are perfect for what I need!

Same here when I had my xshorts....everyone who had never tried them loved to make fun. Those of us who had them though....we knew how great they are! :)

I was the same way, 3 different wetsuits but I'd always have pockets...

hmm i wear 32 with a belt, can prolly wear 30 without... medium may do it for me to i guess

I am a 34" waist in reality, but like I said, the Large swamp me. You might be okay with Medium, but if they are big like the Large, you might even be nearer Small. It isn't just the waist - the legs are baggy too. Look a bit like these bloody Wakeboarders who wear board shorts over their wetsuits!

Mark

It isn't just the waist - the legs are baggy too. Look a bit like these bloody Wakeboarders who wear board shorts over their wetsuits!

They have to make them that way to accommodate those of us with muscles in our thighs. Mine fit tight.:D

OK, maybe they are a little baggy on me. :D

JohnSlope.jpg

They have to make them that way to accommodate those of us with muscles in our thighs. Mine fit tight.:D

Ha ha... After many years of mountain biking and martial arts, as well as 28 years of diving, lack of thigh muscle is not an issue... All joking aside, they are loose on me and I have pretty solid thighs, so if you have got slimmer legs, they are going to be seriously baggy! Mine look much like yours in the pic, perhaps even more so.

Mark

The pockets are not of greatest quality. I usually start to see the pocket's stitching fraying after about 50 dives, by about 100 they are already useless. In some pairs I managed to repair them to extend the usability time, if the cloth is in good condition.

So, for me, a pair is useful for 3-4 months. I still got a pair but it's the last one I'm gonna use before looking for better alternative.

I don't hold too many things in them- ems scissors, wetnotes, some double dogs and small spool.

Sent from my GT-I9000

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom