XS Scuba Highland Pocket Shorts....anyone using?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The pockets are not of greatest quality. I usually start to see the pocket's stitching fraying after about 50 dives, by about 100 they are already useless. In some pairs I managed to repair them to extend the usability time, if the cloth is in good condition.

So, for me, a pair is useful for 3-4 months. I still got a pair but it's the last one I'm gonna use before looking for better alternative.

I don't hold too many things in them- ems scissors, wetnotes, some double dogs and small spool.

Sent from my GT-I9000

Interesting. Mine have got over 250 dives on them so far and look pretty much the same as when I first wore them. I usually have a spool and DSMB in one pocket, and a back-up torch in the other. Be good to see how long they last, though if I can find a better-fitting alternative, I will move to them.

Mark

I don't use mine nearly that often--I dive in a dry suit a lot more than wet.I would guess that I only have about 70 dives on mine, but that includes a handful of training dives in a chlorine pool. Mine look like new.

I don't use mine nearly that often--I dive in a dry suit a lot more than wet.I would guess that I only have about 70 dives on mine, but that includes a handful of training dives in a chlorine pool. Mine look like new.

Same here. Mine are maybe 1.5 yrs old with say 30 dives or so. They look brand spanking new and no stitching issues at all!

Last edited:
This is great news for durability! The xshorts had issues pretty quickly and mine really did start to fall apart....I had to repair the pocket with aqua seal as they began to separate from the shorts. Just ordered a pair of these as well as a new wetsuit. :D

Last edited:
+1 on the consensus above.

I used the sizing chart and they are very lose on me. Sizing chart says I am a medium. My +1 has a small and I can almost fit in the small whereas the medium is a very "generous" medium.

Maybe the sizing chart assumes you put them on a dry suit or a 7mm ?!

I dive them in the Caribbean on top of a full-length Lavacore. They comfortably hold a 4.5foot DSMB, 150ft spool, small slate, backup cutting device, backup computer and backup light with room to spare for random plastic bottles/random trash I come across.

Inside each pocket you have two D-rings to clip stuff off on so your backup light doesn't go missing if you open the velcro at the wrong time.

The only thing I don't like about them is the two small metal D-Rings hanging on the *outside* of the pockets. I am thinking of cutting them off.

Done about 60 dives in them now and not noticing any degradation in quality or issues with the velcro as yet.

thanks for all your advice on the size guys... i sure dodged a bullet... although my waist is 32" i took your advice and went with the smallest size (25"-29") and it fits perfect (at the waist at least)... the leg part is still a bit baggy but my legs are small

Last edited:
Cool! I got mine too, size M for my 33 waist. Fit seems good and I don't think the legs will be baggy over a 7m wetsuit. Much better quality than I had expected! Look forward to diving them. Thanks everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom