Question XTAR Batteries are they the "Best" and the "Reference" for batteries?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an XTAR charger that will check actual battery capacity for you. (I think several of their models are capable to do it). New XTAR batteries were spot on on their capacity. I checked my older batteries and they were lower. However, I think all these Li recharger batteries lose their capacity with re-charge cycles.

I'm curious what the discharge rate is for that? Most are fairly low as they lack much for heat dissipation. The tester I use will run 100W continuous. Can goose it higher for short periods, but will usually get too hot to run for too long.

I'm curious what the discharge rate is for that? Most are fairly low as they lack much for heat dissipation. The tester I use will run 100W continuous. Can goose it higher for short periods, but will usually get too hot to run for too long.
That would be a good question for @XTAR
I know, as part of the test, it discharges and rechargers the battery completely and it does take a while to do it.

Professional battery master HKJ tested our 18650 3500mAh battery before, you could check more here: Test of Xtar 18650 3500mAh (Blue) 2020
As for new 18650 3500mAh battery, we also send it to him for further testing and waiting for his updates!

Professional battery master HKJ tested our 18650 3500mAh battery before, you could check more here: Test of Xtar 18650 3500mAh (Blue) 2020
As for new 18650 3500mAh battery, we also send it to him for further testing and waiting for his updates!

Why is the 3500mAh battery more expensive than the 3600mAh?

Why is the 3500mAh battery more expensive than the 3600mAh?

The 3500mah is a branded Sanyo cell, the 3600mah is not. 3500mah will be a higher quality cell than the 3600mah.
3500mah is identical for this one, just much more expensive

I save the likes of Xtar for non-critical duty like walking the dog and picking up poo. (Those came to me as part of a light purchase like the Sealife Sea Dragon 900. Or a charger. I didn't "buy" those batteries.) They may be fine but I fear the unknown. China sourced products, especially batteries, are often "caution" products for me.

Ya gits what ya pay for.

The lights on duty carbines, spare light in go bag, tactical hand torches and all dive lights use high quality Japan sourced Li cells like Panasonic, Sanyo, Sony etc. Possibly S Korea like Samsung. 3400 or 3500 mAh.

Primary (well, my exclusive) source: 18650 Battery-21700 26650 14500 16340 Rechargeable Li-ion Cells-ORBTRONIC

My on-the road charger is an Xtar unit. Maha and Opus sit on the bench at home.

OMMOHY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom