XTX 200 or ScubaPro G250V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamaicanMon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Alright, so I am hoping someone can give me some details...

I switched regs a few months ago and my new ones aren't really impressing me, now I have the oppertunity to get some new stuff!

So I was wondering if anyone has any comparison notes on the XTX200 against the ScubaPro G250v with Mk17 HIGH POLISHED.

Plan is to dive all year round in Canada I think the lowest temp I've seen thus far in my dives is 33 degrees F.

Anyone have any thoughts? Maybe some other recommendation?

I switched regs a few months ago and my new ones aren't really impressing me, now I have the oppertunity to get some new stuff!

So I was wondering if anyone has any comparison notes on the XTX200 against the ScubaPro G250v with Mk17 HIGH POLISHED.

Plan is to dive all year round in Canada I think the lowest temp I've seen thus far in my dives is 33 degrees F.

Anyone have any thoughts? Maybe some other recommendation?

Cold water performance aside the XTX200's hose routing is not very good for single cylinder diving and especially not good for tec diving. IMO another Apeks selection would be preferred for a good comparative analysis...

I switched regs a few months ago and my new ones aren't really impressing me, now I have the oppertunity to get some new stuff!...

What things about the regulators you have now do not impress you/dislike and what things do you like? Just because they are new does not mean they won’t annoy you for the same reasons.

Cold water performance aside the XTX200's hose routing is not very good for single cylinder diving and especially not good for tec diving. IMO another Apeks selection would be preferred for a good comparative analysis...

Looking at the XTX200 I didn't think hose routing would be an issue. The LP hoses come out of the sides and HP is angled down. Can you explain maybe I missed something?

What things about the regulators you have now do not impress you/dislike and what things do you like? Just because they are new does not mean they won’t annoy you for the same reasons.

My SR1 breathes easy but I seem to find that trickle free flows at 100+ft and in the cold. Usually unpredictably.

Singles at the moment, doubles potentially at the end of the month.

I own the XTX200's, TEC3's and MK25's. IMO the more the 1st stages point the hoses downward the better. XTX200's are not a tec diving favorite as referenced on all the boards. Eventually, you will not be swapping out regs for both uses though. Drives folks nuts....

My SR1 breathes easy but I seem to find that trickle free flows at 100+ft and in the cold. Usually unpredictably.

Are you sure that isn't an adjustment or maintenance issue? Does it stop free-flowing when you take it out of your mouth underwater and shake the air out? That will usually melt ice issues in a second stage, especially in salt water. Sometimes cold can effect the second stage seat, springs, and O-rings just enough that the bench adjustment is just a little too light.

On the other hand, it this is just an excuse to get new regulators then send that piece of crap to me for proper disposal.

I own the XTX200's, TEC3's and MK25's. IMO the more the 1st stages point the hoses downward the better. XTX200's are not a tec diving favorite as referenced on all the boards. Eventually, you will not be swapping out regs for both uses though. Drives folks nuts....

Never thought about the TEC3's on a single tank before but I did consider for doubles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom