XTX 200 or ScubaPro G250V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drop the xtx200 and go for the xtx50 with ds4 1st, add a second xtx50 and you are golden. cheaper than the xtx200.

Saying that i also respect and like the mk17/g250v.... but i chose the apeks (i sell both)

I agree, for pricing reasons only. The DST/DS4 is heavier, bigger, doesn't breath as well & the hose routing isn't as good, (by a minute amount, unless it's a DST with a 5th port & you're setting up doubles).

Between which models?

Apart from the 5th port I don't think there's enough difference between the hose routing (or performance for that matter) of the DST, DS4, FST, FSR or the TEC3 to bother with. As you mentioned the TEC3, & the OP's question is about the FSR & other makes, my comment was aimed at the TEC3 & FSR for doubles. If were talking singles, the TEC3 isn't in the race.

If I was setting up today for doubles, & I wanted the best hose routing, I wouldn't even glance at a TEC3 or FSR on my way to the DST 5th port.

On the other hand I won't buy or recommend Apeks regs anymore. That has nothing to do with their performance though.

Apart from the 5th port I don't think there's enough difference between the hose routing (or performance for that matter) of the DST, DS4, FST, FSR or the TEC3 to bother with. As you mentioned the TEC3, & the OP's question is about the FSR & other makes, my comment was aimed at the TEC3 & FSR for doubles. If were talking singles, the TEC3 isn't in the race.

If I was setting up today for doubles, & I wanted the best hose routing, I wouldn't even glance at a TEC3 or FSR on my way to the DST 5th port.

On the other hand I won't buy or recommend Apeks regs anymore. That has nothing to do with their performance though.

We will have to disagree with your position of no discernible routing difference between the FSR and the Tek3. Setting aside the FSR I would agree the difference in routing among all the others is minimal so go with the best deal one can find...

Well, I guess this one was actually much easier the slightly larger and a bit heavier Scubapro won. When I tired them out in the shop I found the scubapro fit better in my mouth than the XTX200 or the XTX50

Oh well to each his own I have been diving with the XTX 200's on my doubles for three years up here in Canada min temp 35F never had a free flow or any other issues, love them and no problem with the hose routing this worked out perfect.

I realize I'm late to the game, but still ...

Cold water performance aside the XTX200's hose routing is not very good for single cylinder diving and especially not good for tec diving.

I disagree - the FSR (first stage of the XTX200 combo) routes the hoses beautifully and very intuitively. Looking at other 1st stages on dive boats always makes me happy with my choice of singles regs.

Oh well to each his own I have been diving with the XTX 200's on my doubles for three years up here in Canada min temp 35F never had a free flow or any other issues, love them and no problem with the hose routing this worked out perfect.

I've seen XTX200s on doubles as well. Very nice set-up as well. I went with Tek3 regs for my doubles, but also like way my MK10s routes the hoses for doubles.

Henrik

Yes I also use one of my XTX 200's when I dive down South again no problems with hose routing when setup as a single reg, I cannot say enough good things about them after three years and close to 300 dives have never had an issue with them great for Ice diving never a free flow breath great and just as good in warmer waters. As for the Scuba pro's I have no idea no reason to change from my Apeks but have heard good things from some of my friends that use them.

I have the XTX200 as doubles, and the routing is just superb when compared to all the other double reg setups I saw.

I went through the same process of examing closely all others before I made my choice.

The first stage literally has those 45 degree angled ports that allow you to direct those hoses straight down and you see the difference.

I came really close to getting the Tec3, but found the XTX200 really cheap, so I saved and still didn't lose in hosing.

MG

Back
Top Bottom