XZ-1 pics from Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MadBeaverDK

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there

Here's some pics taken at Similan Islands (Island no. 9) and Koh Phi Phi (divesites around Maya beach).
https://plus.google.com/photos/112801785929837531434/albums/5848562993137508657

Equipment used:
Olympus XZ-1 in PT-050 housing.
Inon UWL-H100 28m67 Wet lens
One Sea & Sea ys-110a strobe.

C&C very welcome.

I'm thinking on upgrading to an E-pl5 in a PT-EP10 housing and the 8 mm fish eye or 9-18 mm WA. I love WA, but I've never been truly happy with the Inon UWL-H100 on the XZ-1. It's just not sharp enough and there's some weird shifts going on with the color.

P2040945-edited.jpg

P2040962-edited.jpg

P2040999-edited.jpg

dont be so hard on yourself, these are great pictures. thailand is hard to shoot, IMO. these photo's came out great.

what settings did you use? any post processing?

c

Thank you

I shot in full manual as the ys-110a doesn't do TTL with the XZ-1. I shot in RAW and the files were processed in Lightroom.
I was diving around Phi Phi a few years ago, where I saw reef and zebra sharks. Unfortunately there was no sharks this time.

thnx for sharing

usually you see lots of turtles there too...and yes we have a problem with some fishers looking for sharks:(.
best place to see zebra sharks (leopard sharks) is bida nok and bida nai.......for next time:D

Back
Top Bottom