xz-1 plus Sea and Sea ys-01, how to do TTL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guyharrisonphoto

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Can these strobes do TTL with the Oly housing pt-050? I have the fiber optic cords from each flash that combine together in a single connection to the flash window in the housing. I tried setting the camera on "fill" flash which is the only auto mode that fires the flash every time, and setting the strobes to the TTL setting.

I have tested this around my house and it does not seem to yield TTL results. The photos are very underexposed. Adjusting the flash compensation does not seem to make any difference. When I change subject distance to get closer the flashes overexpose. It seems pretty clear that there is no "TTL" exposure happening.

I did notice that using the camera's control to set varying levels of manual exposure (full, 1/4, 1/16 and 1/64) did result in a corresponding decrease in the ys-01 flash output, so there does seem to be some communication between the camera and the strobes in that regard. This will be very handy underwater as there seems to be no need to use the flash manual output dials, but this is still not as handy as TTL.

Any thoughts as to why TTL does not work?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom