XZ-1/PT-050 program selection problem.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anenomefishman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
i noticed on this dive trip that my XZ-1 camera can switch program modes (iAuto, P, A, S, M, etc.) underwater but not above water. what's the scoop? i never open my camera until i am done diving for the day. i leave it in the housing to shoot above water pictures between dives, etc and it used to work fine.

Bruce

Sounds like the buttons don't work unless they are under pressure. May need a service?

I do not have this camera. However, I looked at the manual on line and I get the impression that wheel on the housing does not come down over the mode dial on the camera. I looks like it works through friction between the side of the wheel and the mode dial. I am wondering if the contact between the wheel on the housing and the mode selection dial on the camera is worn. I suspect that if it is worn enough that it might only make sufficient contact when it is under pressure. I suspect that the wheel can be replaced but I would be inclined to take in to someone who knows this camera and housing as it might just need an adjustment.

Back
Top Bottom