XZ-1 video modes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hairy_frogfish

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
I am hesitating between ordering an XZ-1 and an LX5. Pana's website is very appealing on the LX5 video modes, and I cannot see anything on the Olympus one. I checked also the operating instructions, and was not able to find which modes were available with XZ1 when doing video:
- is macro mode available?
- is aperture controllable to get blurred background?

Also another question, would an inon or dyron macro lens help with macro video?

thanks for your help on this difficult choice :)

if you are mostly interested in video and maybe take some stills get the pany. the xz-1 does decent video but it definitly does not have the control the lx5 does but if you want picture quality get the xz-1, I love mine. I am mostly interested in stills with the occasional video thrown in. check out this thread and don't let the title fool you, very good thread so far. also if you get the xz-1 or the lx5 do yourself a favor and get the nauticam housing, you will be VERY happy you spent the extra money. I first bought the olympus housing and then promptly sent it back, it is like a toy, flimsy and cheap and no rear control dial.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/olympus-outlet/380755-olympus-xz1-sucks-2.html

Hello Pananao,
Thanks for your very valuable input. Then I'll go for the LX-5 with the Nauticam housing. Junlao does wonderful photos with the XZ-1 and I hope to be able one day to do some like these. I think I can do pretty good photos with the LX-5 and I am really willing to take some videos. will provide feedback, photos and videos at end of summer when coming back from Bali.

you're welcome. I'm hoping to see more information on here from experienced photographers what they found to be the best video settings for the xz-1 before we leave on our trip to roatan/utila next friday.

you're welcome. I'm hoping to see more information on here from experienced photographers what they found to be the best video settings for the xz-1 before we leave on our trip to roatan/utila next friday.

bro, try C prior pressing the red vid button.. you can still adjust white balance and it doesn't iris down, brightness will be balanced throughout video capture

made a mistake sharing S & A will make video better, this was wrong, ff settings 'not' for video M, S, A, P...will iris down on slight shifts in light

remember to place to C or iA (but on iA mode cannot control wb, can use for night dive) prior pressing the red button. :)

Back
Top Bottom