XZ1 DIVE :week II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Considering the raining season in Malaysia right now, yes im gonna be around for quite some time..
04.gif

What I meant, was that frequently threads go stagnant, and the poster is MIA.

What experience do you have in underwater photography? I know the XZ-1 has good potential, and lots of adjustability, but since I am moving up from a basic P&S, is it easy enough to get some decent shots out of the box? And how frustrating is the AF and shutter lag? Any regrets? What other cameras, if any, did you consider?

Thanks for any input. I am hoping to get a new camera in the next month for a November trip.

Yea what im trying to imply is that when the raining season came, i just stare at dive forums all day..

Anyway...
1) experience : Im a newbie. i use to take underwater photos with my uncle's oly 560uz. and thats as far as my experience go.
But i have spent almost 60 plus dive with the xz1.

2)decent shots out of the box/af : Well, i'd be honest, after a few first dives with the xz1 i thought to myself THIS IS IT. this is the perfect camera for underwater photography. With the right settings and strobe position, YES, it does give a decent shot. but after 50 + dive i started to feel the af is started to drive me insane. I shoot macro + supermacro, mostly nudis. There are times where i felt the focus was not where i want it to be. And even the lcd review isn't helping. I only realize it when i open the file in LR.

3)any regrets : Yes, a little. Seriously, if i know the focus behaves like what i said before, i really would have opted for EPL2.

4) other cameras : Before i bought the xz1, i compare it with lx5 + ikelite and of course the canon s95. and for me, the xz1 is a winner. With cheap housing and what not. But, for now, im thinking of an upgrade myself. But the xz1 is good though. A bargain as well. Maybe its just me cos i felt like the xz1 doesnt cater my need of a good af.

5) Conclusion : I once asked a professional underwater photographer, "which is a good camera for underwater?"
then he replied "all cameras are good,the only bad things were the photographer"

...i was like, :idk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom