XZ1, flash settings and strobe help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I doubt that information was known at the time. The XZ-1 is a new product, and probably hadn't been tested for the compatibility issues we've both experienced.

Unfortunately at this point I think the best option would be to either sell the camera and purchase one that is compatible with your strobe, or vice-versa. In my case, the person I purchased the camera for has decided to use it as a land camera only, and will be getting a different camera to use underwater.

Expensive option ... but it eliminates the headache down the line ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I doubt that information was known at the time. The XZ-1 is a new product, and probably hadn't been tested for the compatibility issues we've both experienced.

Unfortunately at this point I think the best option would be to either sell the camera and purchase one that is compatible with your strobe, or vice-versa. In my case, the person I purchased the camera for has decided to use it as a land camera only, and will be getting a different camera to use underwater.

Expensive option ... but it eliminates the headache down the line ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I have a wide assortment of cameras and housings. What is one more! I thought the XZ1 was a good replacement for my 5050 but I am open to other solutions.

Just bought this camera to replace my G-10 and will be using it the end of June in T+C. Sure am glad I have the Inon S2000.

Now if jsut have to read the manual (UGH) and figure out the steps to set it to force flash and 1/64 or 1/16 full time.

i have a ys 110a and am about to push the button on buying an xz1 in oly housing. is this a good idea? will it only fire in manual or will it fire in av and tv? i'm not overly fussed about ttl , i didn't use it on last set up , manual strobe is fine for me but it has to fire every time

Tim

Yes, for sure the Ys-110a will fire just fine in M, Av and Tv modes. Have fun with the XZ-1!

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom