YAGQ ( Yet another gear config Question) Valves 230 vs 300

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgoodstein

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So thanks to your help I've decided to go with two AL80's based on my style of diving ( Warm water, tech aspirations). They are coming with 230bar Din valves with the inserts for a yolk. I am switching to DIN's right now. By end of summer I will have these in a doubles config as prep for fundies. I am anticipating using these two tanks in a doubles config and was going to use 230bar manifold system. I have scoured the GUE / DIR info i have access to and can't find anything about 230 vs 300.

For single tanks the 230 is best as I can use the valve adapter for yolk 1st stages. I don't want to buy a set of 230's vs 300's I'd rather standardize my gear to the 230, but not sure that fits into the guidelines or not. If i ever do steel tanks it would be 3442's so they should handle the 230bar configs as well.

Your educated opinion is greatly appreciated.

I do not remember anything specific about 300 or 200 mentioned in yhe class. I had 200 bar on my tanks. I actually benefitted once from the 200 as I had to borrow a yoke reg while mine was in service.

Years ago JJ said that the 300's are preferred but never said that 200's are not to be used. I doubt that it matters. I have both on my tanks. Just don't use 200 fittings on any regs.

Years ago JJ said that the 300's are preferred but never said that 200's are not to be used. I doubt that it matters. I have both on my tanks. Just don't use 200 fittings on any regs.

I guess thats where I was going does a 300bar din 1st stage work in a 200 bar din valve?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom