Yamamoto Limestone vs Neoprene

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

naui_bigfoot

Registered
Reaction score
Shopping around for wetsuits and i didnt see too many opinions about the limestone based suits. In my research it seems the suit takes in much less water than standard neoprene and it way better for the environment. Of course it does costs a lot more and they also seem to keep you warmer vs the neoprene. Anyone ever used the yamamoto type wetsuits and like them better than neoprene?

Custom-Tailored Wetsuits Made from 100% Limestone Neoprene - example of the limestone suits I'm referring to.

With the money you spend on a custom wetsuit, it might be worth looking into a custom drysuit. I just looked at a 7mm suit on the sight you provided, and it costs more than a mtm drysuit made by seaskin

What thickness? I’ve had good luck with Akona for 1mm and 3mm 4x seems to fit me well, I use a Hollis neotek for the colder water like SoCal and dry up north here in Monterey.

What thickness? I’ve had good luck with Akona for 1mm and 3mm 4x seems to fit me well, I use a Hollis neotek for the colder water like SoCal and dry up north here in Monterey.

More like 7mm. I live in SoCal also - local waters are Catalina

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom