Yes or No analog pressure gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dadiver

Registered
Reaction score
When using a wrist computer with air integrated is it a good idea to have an additional analog pressure gauge (back up) if so please recommend some?

It's not usually necessary. If your computer dies, you end the dive anyway, and you should have a good idea where you are air wise.

This is assuming your are diving NDL's.

If you are doing planned decompression, analog gauges are preferred.

I dive the Vytec with AI transmitter, and keep a brass SPG on the second HP port. If the battery in your transmitter ever dies, you still have analog SPG, and more likely, if your computer loses the AI signal, you still have the backup SPG. In a DIR/hogarthian rig, the SPG is on a 24" hose clipped off to your left side on a waist D-ring, and you don't even notice it during the dive.

Scubaroo once bubbled...
I dive the Vytec with AI transmitter, and keep a brass SPG on the second HP port. If the battery in your transmitter ever dies, you still have analog SPG, and more likely, if your computer loses the AI signal, you still have the backup SPG. In a DIR/hogarthian rig, the SPG is on a 24" hose clipped off to your left side on a waist D-ring, and you don't even notice it during the dive.

I use the exact same set up scubaroo described :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom