Yes, Scuba is alive in the desert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I know what you are thinking - scuba diving in New Mexico??? Yes - for a landlocked water dweller - this is a challenge! I am new to scuba - deep water certification will be this weekend. Lots of curious equipment to get used to - but really enjoying the freedom it will bring. I have been a frustrated snorkeler for thirty years so this is going to be a blast! Really anxious to get a better understanding of my new dive computer (Atom 2.0 by Oceanic). No DVD to talk you through it - owners manual is fairly lousy - so if anyone has some tips - sure would appreciate them!

smilies-35311.png
bananawave.gif

I've never owned that model of Oceanic computer, but I have owned 3 of theirs - and found the manuals very inforative once studied. I do suggest anyone diving a computer to study it well and run Simulations until they know it well. Hide the cheat sheet card from yourself until you do.

Won't be at Santa Rosa this weekend, but maybe meet your there sometime. Do check the Rocky Mountain forum here.

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: - click here for Search help, and be careful about posting Threads & Replies before reading the Sticky threads at the tops of most forums. PM me if I can help you around here..

don
bananapiano.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom