Yet another newcommer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEEPLOU

Contributor
Reaction score
Boynton Beach/ former Long Island, NY (THE ISLAND)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Have been using AOL but its boards seem to be fading. Came across this the other day, and it appears to have great following.

I have been diving since 94 if you don't count the 4 week course and 3 week trip to St John's USVI in 68.

I dive mainly off Long Island (south shore) , New York.

In view of my alergy to sand, (i find it irritating and a pain to wash out), I do wreck diving predominantly. In addition to local diving, I have gotten to dive in some warm if not exotic places. As my wife does not dive but does like cruise vacations, most of my Carribean diving has been from cruise ship excursions. (nothing wrong with them, easy, leisurely dives).

In addition to trying to actively dive, I belong to two dive clubs: The Dive Club, and Seasearchers. Both are located on Long Island. I also volunteer and am a member of the Long Island Divers' Association. The orginizaiton tries to be the voice of the diving community to various gov't agencies to maintain and obtain more access by divers. It also tries to promote local Long Island diving.

Welcome DEEPLOU.
You'll find a truely international community here...a great resource.

Glad to have you here!

connellc:
Welcome! Your not official until DandyDon says hello!
Heck - I was typing you a message when SB went down for a few days, and then - I had to travel and dive and all...

So...welcome to SB. :wavey: Put us in your Favorites and check in often.

I'm off in Cozumel this week :D tell you about it later...

don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom