yet another nitrox question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bzkajo

Reaction score
does nitrox diving require additional gauges compared to compressed air diving.?thanx.

bzkajo:
does nitrox diving require additional gauges compared to compressed air diving.?thanx.

Yes and no. You have to check the O2 content of your tank; your fill operator usually provides a gauge, or you can use your own. When you're diving you don't need anything more.

You will need to own or have available an O2 analyzer.

No other special equipment necessary.

bzkajo:
Not nessesary additional gauges. Generaly just a computer that can be programed for the % of O2 thats in your tank. While diving in Bonaire in December most of the divers that were using Nitrox didn't change thier computer for Nitrox. (Divemasters)
Why do you want to use Nitrox?

jtivat:
Also you will need different tables.

Or even better you should learn how to calculate the Equivalent Air Depth (EAD)
something that is usually learn on a basic Nitrox course.
So you don't need any table and if you decide to dive a Nitrox 28% you can calculate
the EAD. The is a lots of tables of EAN 32 and 36 but not to many for other mix
like EAN 30,28, etc.

Hyper-limits:
Or even better you should learn how to calculate the Equivalent Air Depth (EAD)
something that is usually learn on a basic Nitrox course.
So you don't need any table and if you decide to dive a Nitrox 28% you can calculate
the EAD. The is a lots of tables of EAN 32 and 36 but not to many for other mix
like EAN 30,28, etc.

Yup, we learned it but as I always use the computer I don't remember it off hand but it was not hard as I remember. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom