Yet another Rookie ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HenrikBP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there. My name is Henrik and I've been lurking on the board for a few months, since I started my basic training for OW certification. I finished the pool training and classroom and will be doing my Referral Dives in St. Croix starting April 15th. Keep your fingers crossed :wink:

I've been wanting to dive since I saw Jacques Cousteau on TV as a kid and even tried to get started some 25 years ago ... but I'm finally on my way and *really* looking forward to it. Now if I could only get over those nightmares where I wake up gasping for air ... :)

I'd like to thank everyone on the board for some very good - and civil - discussions, that has been a great inspiration and education for me. Good stuff.

Thanks

Henrik

Welcome aboard - try dreaming about steel drum bands!

another welcome aboard to ScubaBoard and best of luck in the classes!

Welcome to the ScubaBoard! Congrats on your pool/classs completion...Good luck with your OW cert in St. Croix, gotta tell you I hate it when people get to go to exoctic places like that and dive!!!! Enjoy!!!

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

have a great trip and dont forget to post a trip report. :wink:

Thanks much for the kind welcome guys.

Not only is St. Croix my first "real" diving and first dive trip, it's also my first tropical trip ever. So I'm pretty darn exited about it all.

My instructor has invited me to use the school pool time to do some more training on my own, which I'll take him up on. Bouyancy, descent, ascent, hovering (as opposed to hoovering), frog kick, helicopter turns etc. etc. etc. All stuff I'd like to have a better grasp on before my OW dives.

I'm also heading out to the Beneath the Sea show in Meadowlands, NJ next weekend, so all in all this diving stuff has me pretty worked up these days :wink:

Thanks again, and I'll post a trip report when I get back.

Henrik
(edited for typos)

Back
Top Bottom