Yipee Another Direct Flight To Bonaire!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvrliz1

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
That's right folks! It was just announced that DELTA is finalizing plans to fly direct from ATLANTA TO BONAIRE, beginning Saturday February 16, 2008. They expect the final confirmation within the next few weeks.

The flights will be very Saturday. The tentative schedule is below:

Depart Atlanta 9:45 am (local time)
Arrive Bonaire 2:00 pm (local time)

Depart Bonaire 3:00 pm (local time)
Arrive Atlanta: 7:00 pm (local time)

With the time difference this makes the flight time around 3 hours or so.

If all goes well, you will be able to start booking the flights in February beginning in September.

KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!

Liz

NOW THAT IS GREAT NEWS !! This Sept? I knew I should have waited. But, I do have over 200K flight miles to use.

Just one question.....is that a Delta airplane all the way.....or are they back to using Jamaica (pray it dont crash) Air?

That is a good schedule. I just checked out of RDU and there are 2 flights on Sat morning that would give me plenty of layover. Lets hope it goes though.

Hi Rich!

To answer your question, no they will not be utilize AJ for this. My understanding is that it will be Delta. I will keep you all updated as I hear things.

Liz

Thanks, Liz! This is great news! I am willing to drive 7-8 hours to Atlanta to avoid the hassle I went through getting to and from Bonaire 2 weeks ago. Got my fingers crossed. Again great info. Much appreciated.

I'm holding my breath!

A couple days later....

Just went on Expedia.....Delta / Air Jamaica....thru Montego Bay......at $1000

Herman....was the flight you saw only Delta and not through MB.?

Yea Rich, I was just looking at how to get to Atl from RDU on Sat mornings. The Delta flight would have been worthless if I could not get there the same morning.

Back
Top Bottom