Yo from the Southwest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ABQdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been lurking and learning for long enough now and thought it was high time I said hello and introduce myself.

I got certified for the first time in the late 70' during my stint in the US Navy stationed in the Phillipines. Didn't dive more than 2 or 3 times before getting shipped away and then haven't dived since. Since I live in New Mexico I thought the opportunities weren't great.

About 6 months ago I got the bug again after a vacation with my daughter and wife in the Florida. We snorkeled and had a great time and thought it time to get back into it. Just recently did my OW certification with SSI and have to say, I should never have stopped. The equipment is way better than the old stuff and bug has bitten me hard, (might even consider a DIR outfit one of these days).
We will be going to to St. Maarten for a bit in a few weeks and am planning a dive there. Got to get my wife certified so she buys into the activity as well. The tropical waters should be a good incentive for her.

Be chatting with you......
:bounce:

Glad to hear you're back diving again.

A warm welcome to you from Michigan.

Welcome! Too bad the only places to dive in New Mexico are 60 degrees. I live here and dream about the opportunities to get to warm clear water. Yahoo! looks like Thailand in a month or two!

welcome to the board..........good to hear you are getting back into it:)

cougar once bubbled...
Welcome! Too bad the only places to dive in New Mexico are 60 degrees. I live here and dream about the opportunities to get to warm clear water. Yahoo! looks like Thailand in a month or two!

Hey cougar,
I'm assuming you've dived Navajo lake? If so, how's the diving? Thats one of the places I'd like to try since it sounds more interesting than Blue Hole.

The tropical waters are what I'm counting on to get my wife hooked into diving as well. The warmth, great vis and beautiful scenery is enough to get me excited.

Welcome from the warm waters of Asia! Yes, the tropics are best with abundant life underwater. Besides the fact it's more comfortable to dive in warm waters. Good to have you back!

ABQdiver once bubbled...
Got to get my wife certified so she buys into the activity as well. The tropical waters should be a good incentive for her.
:bounce:

That should't be difficult. Once she's hooked, we've two spots reserved in SCUBAHOLICS ANNONYMOUS. Dive safe!

Hi ABQdiver! welcome to the boards from the soon to be frozen solid waters of Michigan!
:snorkel:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom