yo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emodiver

Reaction score
Hello all im just now becomeing a scubabaord member, ive been diving for a year or so now. I love it...
ummm if anyone could give me tips on buying new equiptment i would be very thankfull.

THANKS EMODIVER

Welcome to the board. Lots of equipment discussions here. You will be able to read for one week straight and only touch the surface.

Welcome!

There are thousands of posts about equipment. . . to reduce the confusion, look at the experience profiles of the poster. Too many beginners have been sold on the idea that these toys are "life support" and only the most expensive will keep you alive, Bull. The cheapest equipment will keep you safe, more money might bring you more comfort (might).

Wetsuits, Bouyancy Compensators and Masks depend on fit for comfort and should not be purchased without in-water experience, rent different brands until you find something comfortable on you, in the water. Regulators are offered by "New" companies or the Old standards. Look for a company that supports older regulators with parts. Almost all regulators are copies of each others technology. Unless run over by a car most will outlast the diver. Small parts, valve seats and O-rings are usually the only parts to replace every couple of years. Higher prices might make the regulator more comfortable by light weight second stages, better shaped mouth pieces, and better hose routing for less pull on your hoses. Exotic alloy, exciting color covers, lighter weight first stages are all bogus sales pitch. Not rinsing salt out of any regulator will damage the cheap or expensive regulator.

Your swimming ability and your training makes you safe in the water, all this equipment are the toys that make it more fun. 37 years and the toys still make this fun!

There are thousands of posts about equipment. . . to reduce the confusion, look at the experience profiles of the poster. Too many beginners have been sold on the idea that these toys are "life support" and only the most expensive will keep you alive, Bull. The cheapest equipment will keep you safe, more money might bring you more comfort (might).

Wetsuits, Bouyancy Compensators and Masks depend on fit for comfort and should not be purchased without in-water experience, rent different brands until you find something comfortable on you, in the water. Regulators are offered by "New" companies or the Old standards. Look for a company that supports older regulators with parts. Almost all regulators are copies of each others technology. Unless run over by a car most will outlast the diver. Small parts, valve seats and O-rings are usually the only parts to replace every couple of years. Higher prices might make the regulator more comfortable by light weight second stages, better shaped mouth pieces, and better hose routing for less pull on your hoses. Exotic alloy, exciting color covers, lighter weight first stages are all bogus sales pitch. Not rinsing salt out of any regulator will damage the cheap or expensive regulator.

Your swimming ability and your training makes you safe in the water, all this equipment are the toys that make it more fun. 37 years and the toys still make this fun!

Howdy and welcome to SB!

You'll get a lot of opinions here...

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-014.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom