'yoke to din' adaptor or 'din to yoke' adaptor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's another offer, get the manufacturer's din/yoke CONNECTORS and learn to switch them, it doesn't take much and IMHO its the best solution, yoke for yoke and din for din, can't get any simpler than that. :)

If switching occassionaly this is probably the best way to do it. For my open water regs that see 50-50 DIN and Yoke tanks I just use a converter. If regularly going back and forth, swithicng the connector is a bad idea. The DIN or Yoke connection to the body of the first stage needs to be really tight in the reg, when you are switching them all of the time, you tend to get far more leaks in this area.

Simple and best answer - go DIN first and use a Yoke converter. No tools needed once done to change.

DIN conversion is usually done by a regulator service tech, although if you are capable it isn't all that hard to do. They are not actually designed to be taken off and put back on regularly. They have comparatively high torque setting and can be damaged in the exchange process. Best option and cheapest is to buy DIN regs and get a Yoke converter, that way the converter is the only thing being removed and it only needs to be done up hand tight.

Scubapro make an aluminum converter which should not be left on for long periods as it will corrode/bond to the chrome, however it is very light and great for traveling. If weight isn't an issue most other manufacturers make the chrome brass variety.

Finally the DIN on the regs will be 300 bar (7 thread) which can be used on the 5 thread 230 bar valves. The threaded insert on these DIN/Yoke type valves is 5 thread and cannot be used to convert a 300 bar valve.

I also switch from din to yoke and back. I have AL legends and it can be switched in about 32 seconds with an allen wrench and large crescent wrench.

I did run into an issue when i was asking about the new ACD regs. they wanted $125 to convert the ACD from yoke to DIN. as it turned out i didn't need to go that option but a reason to stay away from the ACD business!

Also, if you need to convert AL regs that are the ACD you can get an off label adapter or Apex also makes one that is much cheaper.

ok, that may have been a bit off topic but oh well!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom